Creamy squash and sweetcorn curry – vegan. It's easy to make, wonderfully satisfying and perfect for a hearty midweek dinner or weekend lunch. This creamy vegan butternut squash curry with chickpeas, broccolini, and rice makes a hearty main dish. In September, I was fortunate enough to go to New York City with my husband, and we did what we always do in cities with lots of vegan options: Eat.
You won't need many ingredients for this corn chowder recipe, here's the short list: Sweet corn: feel free to use fresh or frozen corn. Vegan Butternut Squash Recipes – I've rounded up the best recipes featuring butternut squash from myself and fellow recipe developers. The next time you find yourself with one of these big orange vegetables on your counter, you'll know just where to come. You can cook Creamy squash and sweetcorn curry – vegan using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy squash and sweetcorn curry – vegan
- It’s 1 of butternut squash.
- It’s 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Sea salt.
- It’s 1 of x 340g can sweetcorn, drained.
- It’s 1 of onion, peeled and finely chopped.
- Prepare 3 of garlic cloves, peeled and crushed.
- You need 2 of red chillis, finely chopped or 1/2-1 tsp chilli flakes.
- It’s 2 tsp of ground turmeric.
- You need 1 tsp of garam masala powder.
- It’s 1 of x can 400 ml coconut milk.
- Prepare of Juice of 1 lemon.
- You need of Fresh coriander to garnish.
Ultra delicious Thai inspired butternut squash red curry that is creamy, spicy, rich, and comforting! The sweet butternut squash pairs beautifully with all the red curry spices. Two very different curry recipes delivered to you back to back. You should know that this was seriously poor planning on my part.
Creamy squash and sweetcorn curry – vegan step by step
- Preheat oven to 200c..
- Chop squash into 2cm chunks and place in roasting tray. Add 2 tbsp of the oil and make sure the squash is coated. Sprinkle with sea salt. Roast until tender – for about 30 mins..
- Blend the sweetcorn with 2 tbsp water until smooth..
- In a large shallow pan, heat the other 2 tbsp of oil. Add the onion and sauté on a medium-low heat until translucent- about 10-15mins..
- Add the garlic, chilli, turmeric and garam masala. Cook for 2 mins..
- Add the sweetcorn paste and a generous pinch of salt. And then the coconut milk. Stir well. Bring to the boil and then simmer until it thickens. If it’s too thick for you, add a tbsp or two of water..
- Stir the squash and lemon juice into the sauce..
- Sprinkle the coriander on top – i didn’t have any so used spring onion. Serve and enjoy 😋.
I hope you love this Sweet Corn Pasta as much as we do. If you try it, please come back and leave me a comment below with your feedback and star rating. You can also find me on social media. Be sure to tag @veggie_inspired and #veggieinspired so I'm sure to see it. This thick, creamy sweet meat squash soup is naturally vegan, yet extremely filling and delicious!