Broad bean vegan curry. How to make broads bean curry vegan style. Now onto the broad bean curry recipe, well first of all it's a spicy vegan curry, there's always the option of adding some meat but I feel that the sweet potatoes and broad beans are suffice. The broad beans were locally harvested, occasionally a family friend will supply me with some vegetables.
This easy vegan tapa takes frozen tender baby broad beans (also known as baby fava beans) and cooks them up with olive oil, garlic, onions, smoked paprika and white wine to bring you the tastiest vegetarian version of habas con jamón (but, you know, sin jamón). Let us check out the recipe below and have this delicious South Indian Vegetarian side dish with a steaming bowl of rice or some phulkas for lunch. Recipe for Avarakkai Kootu or South Indian Broad Beans Vegan Curry. You can cook Broad bean vegan curry using 19 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Broad bean vegan curry
- You need 150 g of broad beans (frozen or fresh).
- It’s 1 of potato.
- Prepare 1 of sweet potato.
- It’s 1 of pepper.
- You need 1 of onion.
- Prepare 1 Can of coconut milk.
- You need 3 tsp of garlic puree.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of ginger puree.
- It’s 1/2-1 of fresh chilli (remove seeds for a milder taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of garam masala.
- You need 2 tsp of tumeric.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground chilli.
- It’s 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2-3 tbsp of lime juice.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground coriander.
- Prepare 1 of vegetable stock cube.
- It’s 1 tbsp of oil.
- It’s of Salt and pepper to season.
- Prepare of Fresh coriander to serve (optional).
To order a copy go to octopusbooks.co.uk. Broad bean curry (Field bean)- A healthy and nutritious vegetable cook with a blend of spices in a garlic tomato gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste. Mix in spinach leaves and coriander leaves then stir until wilted and heated through.
Broad bean vegan curry instructions
- Slice potato and sweet potato. Set aside..
- Add oil and onion to pan and cook on medium heat until softened. Add garlic and ginger and cook for a further 2 minutes..
- Add spices and cook for 1 minute longer. Add potato and sweet potato slices. Crumble over a stock cube and add coconut milk..
- Cube pepper and add. Turn down heat and cook for 15 minutes or until veg is tender..
- Add broad beans and dried coriander. Cook for 5 minutes longer if using fresh broad beans or 10 minutes if using frozen..
- Pour over lime juice and stir. Remove from heat. Add fresh coriander if using. Serve immediately with rice. Enjoy..
It goes perfectly with rice or naan bread! The beans in this curry make it really filling, nutritious and heart healthy too. Asparagus, peas and broad beans are all natural partners for fish, make them more indulgent with creamy. Add the salt, garam masala, chilli powder and sugar, and cook for a final minute. Stir in the cream and serve.