Chickpea Curry with Cashews. Vibrant curry cashew chickpea quinoa salad packed with veggies and delicious flavor from curry powder, fresh ginger, turmeric and sweet and spicy maple glazed cashews. This wonderful vegan curry chickpea quinoa salad is easy to make for the perfect main meal or healthy side dish! And I'm not talking fancy, soaked overnight, simmered in flavorful liquid, carefully cooked chickpeas; I'm talking chickpeas drained out of a can and used as the base for a quick dish.
Perfectly cooked chickpeas simmered in a delicious gravy of tomato-cashews, bold flavor of garam masala and with chopped spinach for texture, this curry is a total winner. Serve it with freshly steamed basmati rice for wonderful lunch or soft butter naan, roti or paratha for a comforting dinner. Combine the oil, onion, curry powder, salt, and pepper in a large skillet over medium heat. You can cook Chickpea Curry with Cashews using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chickpea Curry with Cashews
- Prepare 1 tbsp of flour / cornstarch.
- You need 1 cup of chicken broth ( veggie broth to make vegan dish).
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of onion, chopped.
- You need 2 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s 1 can of No salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained.
- It’s 1/2 cup of unsalted cashews.
- It’s 1/4 cup of chopped parsley.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of fat free yogurt.
- Prepare 2 of chicken breast optional.
This Creamy Cashew Chickpea Curry is the perfect one pan meal to make on a Sunday and feast on all week long. I've made a few batches of this and chucked in the veggies I had in my fridge ready to freeze and enjoy at a later date. The cashews add a delicious creaminess whilst keeping it vegan. Cashew and Chickpea Curry The Spices.
Chickpea Curry with Cashews step by step
- Separate 5 table spoons of broth and add cornstarch or flour. Stir till dissolves. Let sit..
- Cut chicken brest into strips. Add to medium frying pan with 2 table spoons of oil. Grill at medium temp. Till golden brown on every side. Remove from heat..
- Combine 2 tablespoons oil, onion, curry powder, salt, and pepper in large skillet over medium heat. Cover and cook stirring once a min for 5 min..
- Add remaining broth to onions and the cornstarch / flour mixture. Cook stirring constantly until thick. Add chickpeas and cashews. Simmer for 5 min. Stir in parsley..
- Add grilled chicken. Serve and add 1 tablespoon of yogurt to each serving..
If you didn't want to bother with the curry spice mixture here, you can skip this step and just use a few tablespoons of yellow curry paste in the recipe. I actually left out a few spices from the original recipe because I couldn't find them and didn't have the desire to hunt them down. Chickpea and Cashew Nut Curry Make on Drop. Become an Insider to add this recipe to a menu. Originally, this appeared in my first little project after I left Thermomix in Australia, the now widely known Dinner Spinner booklet..