Vegan Cheese Sauce.
You can have Vegan Cheese Sauce using 8 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Cheese Sauce
- It’s 1 1/2 cups of raw cashews (soaked overnight).
- It’s 1/4 cup of nutritional yeast.
- You need 3/4 cup of water.
- Prepare of juice of one Meyer lemon (I have Meyer lemons in my yard and they are a bit less acidic so if you use a regular lemon start with half a lemon and build from there to taste).
- It’s 1/4 teaspoon of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt or more to taste.
- Prepare 1/4 teaspoon of garlic powder.
- You need of Vitamix or other high powered blender is the best.
Vegan Cheese Sauce step by step
- Soak your cashews overnight in the fridge in clean, filtered water.
- Drain your cashews and then throw them into a high-powered blender like a Vitamix. add the water and then pulse a bit to break up the cashews and start getting them creamy..
- Add all of your other ingredients and then blend until super creamy. Makes about 2 cups. Pour into a mason jar and it lasts for about a week in the fridge but it tastes so good it will not last that long. You serve it warm- I like to put it on the stove top or even microwave it for quick chips and cheese..