Curry tofu salad. This vegetarian nod to the classic curried chicken salad is perfect for spreading on toasted whole-wheat bread or scooping onto a pile of crispy salad greens for lunch. Vegan Curry Tofu Salad – Turn it into a hearty wrap, stuff into an avocado or served over a bowl of baby spinach. The six best doctors: sunshine, water, rest, air, exercise, and diet. ~Wayne Fields~ Here's a versatile little salad to start your week off on the right foot.
I can quickly make vegan tuna salad, vegan egg salad, vegan chicken salad, or today's curried tofu salad with vegan mayo as the base. Then depending on the recipe, I'll add celery, onion, shredded carrot, nuts or seeds, dried fruit, sliced grapes, diced pickles, stone-ground mustard, and/or spices. This is the best curried tofu salad because it is: Perfect for lunches. You can cook Curry tofu salad using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry tofu salad
- You need 1/2 cup of onion, diced.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of celery, diced.
- You need 1/2 cup of sweet relish.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raisins.
- You need 1/2 cup of vegenaise.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of almond slivers.
- You need 1 tbsp of curry powder.
A great Sunday/Monday meal prep item to add to your rotation so you're not stuck with boring lunches for the week. You can throw it in with some mixed greens, stuff in an avocado, or eat in a wrap/sandwich. Lots of options to get creative. Chop tofu, not too small– I use an wire egg slicer.
Curry tofu salad instructions
- Drain tofu, wrap in paper towel or clean rag. Press to remove water, without crumbling tofu brick..
- Prep and combine all ingredients. Add curry slowly to taste. Not all curry powders have the same kick. May be more or less than 1 tbsp..
- Add more mayo and curry as necessary to taste. More mayo for creamier consistency, curry for kick..
Add mayo, curry, lemon juice, and salt&pepper. Can use immediately but will be more flavorful if left in refridge for several hours to overnight. Great as a sandwich filling (similar to egg salad) or as a dip for vege crudites. Serve as a meal or as a side dish on a bed of lettuce or in pita pockets. Remove tofu from packaging and allow it to drain in colander as you prepare dressing.