Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens). Great recipe for Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens). Cooks would love to help you when making this dish. This curry comes from the northwestern region of India.
Full of vital nutrients, this hearty dish is warming and has a lovely heat to it. And today, I am going to show you my Vegan Rajma that is super creamy and delicious and easy to make in just one pot! This curry is originally an Indian Punjabi recipe, it's called Rajma, Rajma Masala, Rajma dal or Rajma Chawal. You can cook Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens)
- It’s 1 can of kidney beans (15 oz).
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste (or 2 big tomatoes diced).
- You need 1 small of onion.
- Prepare 1 clove of garlic.
- It’s 1 bunch of cilantro.
- It’s of spice blends order at www.waverleykitchens.com.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of WK SEED BLEND.
- You need 2 tsp of WK BEAN BLEND.
- It’s of pantry items.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil (your choice of oil).
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste).
- You need 3 quart of sauce pot with cover.
It's made with kidney beans or "Rajma" cooked in a thick tomato-based gravy and traditionally served over white rice but could also be served with naan bread. In India, it's called Rajma Masala. rajma recipe punjabi rajma recipe with detailed photo and video recipe. a popular north indian or punjabi curry recipe made with kidney beans and indian spices. the combination of rajma and chawal which is also known as rajma chawal is the staple food of many north indians. it forms a semi-thick gravy which can also be served with jeera rice or even which choice. Add the remaining ingredients apart from the Garam Masala and Madras Curry Powder.
Kidney Beans Curry (Rajma, Waverley Kitchens) instructions
- Strain and wash 1 can kidney beans; grind or dice 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pot and 1/2 tsp 'WK Seed Blend'.
- Heat oil at medium heat until there is small movement in spices (usually 2 min).
- Immediately add onion and garlic (if used) to pot, and 1 tbsp tomato paste; stir until golden brown (usually 3 min).
- Add 2 tsp 'WK Bean Blend', 1/2 tsp salt (to your taste), kidney beans to pot and 2 cups water.
- Set to medium low heat, cover pot and cook for 20 min; stir occasionally and mash some kidney beans.
- Optional: garnish with 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro.
- For a full meal add: – Rice, naan, bread or heated whole wheat tortilla – Salad – Any sabji – Yogurt Variations: – To make hot add chopped jalapeño pepper or red chilli powder – Add 1 boiled potato – Canned beans can be substituted by soaking beans overnight – Side item: chopped onion with salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
Assemble pressure lid and seal the steam valve. Select pressure and set to high. When complete, quick release by moving the valve to release. Drain kidney beans and rinse well in fresh water. Rajma dal is a red kidney bean curry that is a popular dish in northern India, though it's enjoyed throughout the country.