Black-eye Beans Curry (Waverley Kitchens). Great recipe for Black-eye Beans Curry (Waverley Kitchens). Cooks would love to help you when making this dish. This curry comes from the northwestern region of India.
Now, add the required water for the curry and adjust the salt. Finally, garnish with coriander leaves and serve this delicious Black Eyed Beans Curry with rice or chapatis. This curry comes from the northwestern region of India. You can cook Black-eye Beans Curry (Waverley Kitchens) using 12 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Black-eye Beans Curry (Waverley Kitchens)
- Prepare 1 can of black-eye beans (15 oz).
- It’s 1 tbsp of tomato paste (or 2 big tomatoes diced).
- It’s 1 small of onion.
- It’s 1 clove of garlic.
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro.
- You need of spice blends order at www.waverleykitchens.com.
- You need 1/2 tsp of WK SEED BLEND.
- It’s 2 tsp of WK BEAN BLEND.
- It’s of pantry items.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cooking oil (your choice of oil).
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste).
- It’s 3 quart of sauce pot with cover.
It is a favorite and always full of tongue tickling flavors. Turn off the heat and wait until steam has stopped before opening the pressure cooker. Black Eyed Peas Curry is a popular Indian curry recipe but I always do mine with a Caribbean twist/flavor. The result of the adapted black-eyed peas Indian curry recipe is so amazing.
Black-eye Beans Curry (Waverley Kitchens) step by step
- Strain and wash 1 can black-eye beans; grind or dice 1 small onion and 1 garlic clove; set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp oil to pot and 1/2 tsp 'WK SEED BLEND'.
- Heat oil at medium heat until there is small movement in spices (usually 2 mins).
- Immediately add onion and garlic (if used) to pot, and 1 tbsp tomato paste; stir until golden brown (usually 3 min).
- Add 2 tsp of 'WK Bean Blend', 1/2 tsp of salt (to your taste), black-eye beans to pot and 2 cups water.
- Set to medium low heat, cover pot and cook for 20 mins; stir occasionally and mash some black-eye beans.
- Optional: garnish with 2 tbsp coarsely chopped cilantro.
- To make a full meal add: – Rice, naan, bread or heated whole wheat tortilla – Salad – Any sabji – Yogurt Variations: – To make hot add chopped jalapeño pepper or red chilli powder – Canned beans can be substituted by soaking beans overnight – Side item: chopped onion with salt, red chilli powder and lemon juice.
A favorite amongst my boys, Black Eyed Peas Curry cooked in a smooth onion, tomatoes and coconut based sauce has earthy flavors from turmeric, cumin seeds and coriander seeds and is perfectly spiced with the mild Kashmiri red chili powder and aromatic garam masala. Black-eyed Bean Mushroom Curry is a spicy Indian curry and an easy side dish, prepared with black-eyed beans, sautéed mushrooms, and spices. Soft and creamy black-eyed beans are full of nutrients, and adding mushrooms make them more enjoyable with a distinct flavor. Soaking lobia enhances its taste so do soak it for sufficient time. Once soaked lobia will grow almost double in size.