Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup. Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup This is a hearty, warm, and relatively healthy vegetarian soup that could easily be made vegan, and scaled. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Madras is an intensely flavorful and spicy curry blend from the south of India, which is also common in Thai curries.
It is high in fiber and vitamins. This spicy curry has a hot and tangy tomato gravy, and it pairs well with flatbreads. Easy Way to Cook Tasty Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup. You can cook Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup using 36 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup
- It’s of Vegetables.
- Prepare 12 oz of Carrots, shredded or diced.
- Prepare 1 head of small, Napa cabbage (or see the optional ingredients below. I use Napa for the crunch, but Kale adds special flavor. Spinach is good too).
- It’s 5 stick of Celery.
- You need 2 of small, Turnip.
- Prepare 2 head of Broccoli, trimmed of stems.
- You need 1 can of (28 oz) whole, peeled, Tomatoes, crushed by hand.
- Prepare 3 of small, Onion.
- It’s 3 of Leeks, trimmed of most of the green.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Cilantro (one).
- Prepare 2 of medium, Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of corn, sweet, gold, drained.
- It’s 1 bunch of basil (two).
- It’s 6 oz of Mushrooms, Shiitake.
- It’s 6 oz of Mushrooms, baby Bella.
- You need 10 clove of Garlic, peeled, smashed.
- It’s of Base.
- It’s 6 oz of curry paste (to taste, whatever color you want).
- You need 2 can of Coconut milk, preferably full fat (have 2 extra cans on hand).
- Prepare 4 cup of Stock, or Broth, vegetable (have 2 extra cups on hand, either bought in a carton, or self-prepared, your call).
- It’s 4 tbsp of Butter (or the equivalent Vegan saturated fat substitute).
- You need of Cookware.
- It’s 16 quart of Stockpot (it might work with a 12qt, but you're cutting it close, if you don't scale down a little).
- You need of Spices.
- Prepare 1 bunch of Basil (its listed on the veggies too, but trust me, it's an excellent garnish).
- You need 1 bunch of cilantro (same as basil, add while cooking, or just garnish).
- Prepare 2 tsp of Coriander (as needed really, to taste).
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin (again, as needed, to taste).
- It’s 2 tbsp of Salt (like all soup, salt adds a lot to this dish, be creative with how you salt it up).
- It’s 1 tsp of white pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of cracked, Red Pepper.
- It’s of Starch.
- It’s 1 packages of preparer's favorite noodle, starch, rice, potato, pasta, or vegetable. Or none at all..
- It’s of Optional.
- You need 5 cup of Kale, chopped.
- You need 5 cup of Spinach.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup is amongst the favorite food menus that are being sought by many people people throughout the internet. If you are the individual that is seeking the recipe information, then this can be a right website page. I have been eating healthier lately. Add remaining ingredients except yogurt; bring to a boil.
Vegetarian (Vegan) Garden Vegetable and Curry Soup step by step
- Chop all veggies to the desired size. I do my onions, leeks, celery, carrots small. The potatoes, turnips large. The rest medium..
- Brown Onions in the butter or vegan equivalent, in your big stockpot..
- Add coconut milk, garlic, curry paste, potatoes, turnips, all spices (except basil and cilantro) to browning onions. Bring to low boil over medium+ heat. 30 minutes. Stir often, don't burn..
- I use this time to prepare my starch. Egg Noodles are good, soba and / or rice noodles are wonderful too. What do YOU feel like tonight? Rice? Orzo?.
- Add carrots, celery, leeks, stock or broth (stock to taste – its here you decide how soupy you want your meal to be). Boil for 15 minutes more. Stir occasionally..
- Add corn, tomatoes, napa cabbage (or optional kale, spinach wait until the next step), any additional salt spices, coconut milk, or broth, and boil for 15 more minutes. Stir occasionally..
- Bring mixture to just below boil. Add spinach, one half bunch of cilantro, if you're using it. Add your mushrooms, broccoli, and basil. Cook until broccoli and mushrooms are soft. Don't stir too much..
- Serve. Enjoy. Use garlic/chile paste, soy sauce, Sriracha, hoisin, for additional flavor. Garnish with cilantro and basil..
Recipe for a thick vegan or vegetarian or omnivorous soup of potatoes, beets and leeks. Plus instructions on how to make vegetable stock in the slow cooker. Farm Fresh Feasts: Potato, Beet, and Leek Soup (And How To Make Vegetable Stock) Directions. In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. The beauty of this Thai Curry Vegetable Soup is that you can use just about any vegetable you like, although I try to at least have some sort of leafy green.