Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan. I'm super excited to share my vegan creamy Afghan rice pudding demo, sheer birinj, with my three teenage assistants who are all fans of Afghan sheer birinj. I love rice pudding, hot or cold, and I had heard enough buzz from friends about Rice to Riches, that I knew I was going to have to get down to Little Italy A little recipe for traditional Persian rice pudding, delicately flavored with the aromatic rose water and cardamom, adapted from the superb Seductions. Rice pudding is a common sight on buffets in Indian restaurants If you're looking for something sweet to wrap up your Indian meal at home, this could be the answer This particular rice pudding is popular in north India, and is scented with super-aromatic cardamom as well a light splash of rose water.
Rosewater is made by steeping rose petals in water, which creates a liquid that has a delicate floral aroma and flavor. But how do you make it better for you? The secret is combining it with chia pudding, a health-world staple that's good for your gut, filled with The mix of rose, pistachio, and cardamom is one of my favorite flavor combinations." This stovetop rice pudding is made with milk, flavored with cardamom and rose water, and topped with almonds. You can have Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan using 17 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan
- You need of For the rice:.
- It’s 750 ml of liquid – for eg 1 400ml can of coconut milk + water or half soy milk and half water.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cardamom.
- You need 1/2 cup of short grain brown rice – fill the cup to the top not just to the measuring line; rinsed and soaked for at least a few hours, drained.
- It’s pinch of salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of rosewater.
- Prepare of For the apricots:.
- It’s 4 of apricots, fresh or frozen or dried – if using dried apricots, use about 15-20 – roughly chopped.
- It’s of Juice of 1/2 lemon.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s 150 ml of just boiled water.
- It’s 1-2 tsp of rose water.
- It’s of To garnish – nice but not essential.
- It’s of some crushed pistachios or flaked almonds (toasted or untoasted).
- You need of some edible rose petals.
The rose water is a very nice and subtle addition but I'm sure the Kheer would still be delicious if you don't have any on hand. I noticed that a previous reviewer thought that it needed more. Rose water and cardamom give this creamy custard an ethereal quality, while the ground nuts add a mystifying texture. Add cornstarch slurry, sugar, cardamom, and rose water to saucepan.
Rose water, cardamom and apricot rice pudding – vegan step by step
- In a large pot (with a lid for later), heat the milk/ water, vanilla and cardamom. Bring to a boil..
- Add the rice and a pinch of salt. Cover and simmer until the rice is cooked and soft – about 45 minutes. Make sure the rice doesn’t dry out: add some just boiled water if it does..
- In another pan (with a lid for later), on a medium-low heat, bring the apricots, lemon juice, water and cardamom to a simmer. Cover and cook for about 10-15 mins until the apricots are soft. If you’re using dried apricots, you may need more water..
- Back to the rice: when the rice is cooked, stir through the maple syrup and then the rose water. Add the rose water gradually to your taste..
- When the apricots are soft, take the pan off the heat and add the rosewater… again to your taste..
- Spoon the rice pudding into bowls. Add the apricots on top. And sprinkle with the rose petals/ nuts. Enjoy 😋.
Stirring constantly, heat mixture until it thickens and a few bubbles. A simple rice pudding recipe also known as rice kheer. This pudding can be enjoyed warm or chilled as breakfast, a snack at any time of the day or as a dessert. Aromatics like lemongrass add a little twist to the traditional cardamom-spiced recipe with a complex yet subtle sweet underlying citrus note. A simple, stovetop rice pudding made with coconut milk, studded with pistachios and gorgeously fragrant with rose and cardamom.