Spicy Vegan Potato Curry. Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Rich and fragrant vegan potato curry that is delicious served as is, or over rice or with vegan naan. Super simple recipe with mouthwatering results.
It's so easy to make, hearty, cozy, warm, spicy, delicious, and so perfect for a quick fall dinner! Serve it with a khichdi, pulao or with a flatbread like roti or naan for a quick, delicious meal. Here's a totally delicious and exquisitely simple Potato Curry. You can cook Spicy Vegan Potato Curry using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spicy Vegan Potato Curry
- Prepare 8 of potatoes.
- It’s 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 of yellow onion.
- You need 3 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 4 tsp of curry powder.
- Prepare 4 tsp of garam Masala or all spice.
- You need 1 piece of ginger, peeled and minced.
- Prepare 1 can of or 2 cans chickpeas, drained.
- It’s 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 can of or 2 cans peas.
- You need 2 can of coconut milk.
A super flavorful, easy and healthy gluten-free & vegan Spicy Kale and Potato Curry! Diet: Gluten Free, Low Fat, Low Lactose, Vegan, Vegetarian. Jamaican Spicy Potato Curry (Vegan) is so easy to make. You basically, saute onion, garlic, ginger, spices, thyme, cook until fragrant.
Spicy Vegan Potato Curry step by step
- Place potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium low, cover and simmer until just tender. Drain and allow to steam dry a minute or two..
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion and garlic; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes..
- Season above with cumin, cayenne pepper, curry powder, garam Masala, ginger, and salt – mix and cook for 2 additional minutes.
- Add those chickpeas, peas, and potatoes. Pour in the coconut milk seductively and bring to a simmer. Simmer 10 to 25 minutes, stirring/folding with love every couple minutes..
- Put it in your face hole.
- Tastes even better the next day once the spices have made love to each other. Also, you can throw some meat in this like cubed chicken or lamb – it's the tits.
- Add more cayenne if you like it spicy. I do. So should you.
Add tomato, potato, chickpea, carrots, coconut milk, water, pepper, and salt and cook until creamy and thick; Pro Tips For Jamaican Spicy Potato Curry (Vegan) Spicy Vegan Potato Curry (Dum Aloo) This spicy vegan potato curry is full on with flavour and easy to make with pantry staples. Fried potatoes are simmered in a spicy and savory tomato-cashew sauce infused with delicious, aromatic Indian spices. Spicy potato curry and raita can be a dynamic and healthy pairing option to balance the spiciness. Since then, a lot of readers have liked the recipe for the balance it strikes between the sweetness of caramelized onions and heat from the chilis. That's what makes this Vegan Potato curry so.