Vegan Chilli With Rice. Serve your vegan chili sin carne with rice. Garnish with chili flakes, sesame, fresh parsley, and limes or other toppings you like. Serve the rice, top with the chili, kale, and.
This chili recipe with rice and beans has been tweaked to make it vegan. Home Savoury Dishes Vegan Chili Mole with Rice. I have always loved spicy chili. You can have Vegan Chilli With Rice using 29 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Chilli With Rice
- You need of For the Mince.
- Prepare 90 g of dried soya mince.
- You need 150 ml of boiling water.
- Prepare 1-2 of vegetable stock cubes (I used 2 and omitted salt).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of light soy sauce.
- Prepare of For The Chilli.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 of large onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 2 tsp of dried mixed herbs.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of dried rosemary.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 2 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1 tsp of smoked paprika.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of chilli or cayenne pepper.
- You need 2 tsp of sugar.
- You need 1 can of chopped tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of kidney beans, drained.
- You need 1 cup of frozen corn.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of tomato puree.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of cocoa powder.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground sweet cinnamon.
- You need to taste of Ground black pepper.
- It’s to taste of Grated cheese.
- Prepare of For The Rice.
- You need as needed of Water.
- You need 1 of oxo vegetable stock cube.
- Prepare as needed of Frozen peas.
- You need as needed of Frozen cabbage.
When I was little, my best friend's Dad made the best chili with the vegetables from his garden. Get this vegan chilli going in the slow cooker and you'll come back to a comforting dish to enjoy with rice, avocado, dairy-free yoghurt, coriander and lime wedges. Watch how to make the best vegetarian chili in this recipe video! It's so easy to make with these simple ingredients and techniques.
Vegan Chilli With Rice instructions
- MINCE: Soak the soy mince in the boiling water along with the stock cubes and olive oil..
- In a large wok or saucepan heat the olive oil over medium high heat and fry the onions until lightly brown..
- Stir in the soaked mince then add the garlic, mixed herbs and rosemary. Fry for another few minutes. Stirring regularly..
- Add the paprika, smoked paprika, cumin, chilli pepper. Stir continously for about 30 seconds so the spices don't stick to the bottom..
- Add in the tomato can, kidney beans, sweet corn, tomato puree, sugar, cocoa powder and cinnamon. Season to taste with black pepper..
- Add water as needed if the chilli starts to dry out (I added approximately 200-300 ml extra of water)..
- Simmer over low heat for 45-60 minutes..
- In the mean time cook the rice. Soak the rice in a few changes of water until the water is clear to remove the starch. Note I didn't really measure to make the rice and just throw everything together..
- Bring water to boiling point with a vegetable oxo cube..
- Add in the rice and cook for 5 minutes..
- Next add the cabbage and peas and continue to cook until rice is fully cooked through..
- Plate the rice, then top with the chilli and sprinkle cheese. Serve immediately..
If you're a vegan chili fan like me, you will LOVE this roundup. Serve it with rice, avocado, and vegan sour cream. I'd had numerous requests for easy vegan dinner ideas, which is what inspired me to create it in the first place. Including this incredibly delicious and satisfying chilli which is very simple to make and takes just half an hour to cook. Serve with some steamed basmati rice.