Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian). Hello, Creamy Coconut Garlic Mushrooms, you are one incredibly delicious, creamy, silky, garlic-y, side dish. Ok, let's get real, "side dish" makes this sound like it's this measly little thing, you just toss beside the main focus. The addition of organic coconut milk, fresh herbs, and lemon juice are the secrets to bringing this dish together.
Add the garlic and stir-fry for another minute. Then stir through the coconut cream. Add the chicken pieces back into the creamy sauce. You can cook Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) using 28 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian)
- You need 150 gms of Spinach.
- It’s of Paste – place in food processor.
- Prepare 1 of Medium Red Onion (in food processor).
- You need 2 of Garlic Cloves (in food processor).
- Prepare 2 of " piece ginger peeled (in food processor).
- You need 1 tsp of Mustard Oil (in food processor).
- It’s 1 of Chilli (de seeded if you wish) (in food processor).
- You need of Spice Mix.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Corriander.
- It’s 1 tsp of Ground Cumin.
- You need 1/2 tsp of Garam Masala.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Tumeric Powder.
- You need 4 of Cardamom Pods.
- Prepare 4 of Whole Cloves.
- Prepare 1 of Whole Star Anise.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Mustard Seeds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of Fenugreek Seeds.
- It’s of Others.
- Prepare 1 Can of Chickpeas.
- Prepare 1 of Small Can Coconut Cream (Approx 1 Cup).
- It’s 1 Cup of Vegetable Stock.
- It’s 1 Cup of Water.
- Prepare to taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need of Produce.
- Prepare 2 of Medium Potatoes (Approx 500gms) Cut into chunks.
- It’s 400 gms of Mushrooms (Cut into quarters).
- You need 250 gms of Cherry tomatoes (or tomato cut into chunks).
Especially on those busy nights when you rather not make that dreaded phone call again to the take-out gods. This creamy garlic mushroom recipe is as versatile as it is delicious. Served on toast or ciabatta, used as a pasta sauce, or just eaten on it's own, it definitely won't disappoint! It's been so long since I last posted a recipe myself.
Creamy Coconut Mushroom & Potato Curry (Vegan/Vegetarian) instructions
- Prepare ingredients as per instructions (unfortunately I don't have a pic post prep).
- Add 'paste' ingredients to a food processor and blitz until a paste is created (unfortunately no pic of this also)..
- Add 1tbs oil to a pot and saute the 'paste' ingredients on low for at least approx. 5 minutes..
- Turn heat up slightly, add another tbs of oil and add the Spices and thoroughly stir regularly for a couple of minutes..
- Add the Potatoes, Chickpeas & Mushrooms to the pot and continue to stir coating them in the spice / paste mixture in the pan..
- Add the coconut cream, cherry tomatoes, stock and water. Mix, Cover pot and simmer on low for approx 30mins..
- After approx 30mins (or when potatoes are cooked through), turn off heat, add the spinach and stir. Cover and leave to sit for a couple of minutes (until spinach wilts)..
- Eg below of steamed Cauliflower Rice (placed in processor and then steamed for approx 6mins).
- Serve with chopped Corriander or Coconut Yoghurt 😁.
Babies and motherhood have been keeping me busy. However, as Dave and Hauke both hate mushrooms and won't even eat one, let alone post a. What are the best mushrooms for pasta? I absolutely looove shiitake mushrooms for this vegan creamy pasta dish. Their delicate texture and earthy flavor are a magical pairing with al-dente pasta.