Fattush Salad *Vegan. Many of you know I am half Lebanese, and I grew up eating Arabic food. It is full of fragrant, fresh and tasty Middle Eastern ingredients and flavors! With all the fresh from-the-garden flavors in this salad, what better wine than a classic Sauvignon Blanc such as a Beringer or Kendall Jackson?
Fattoush salad is a Middle Eastern chopped salad that traditionally includes pieces of pita bread in place of croutons. One of the unique ingredients used in a traditional fattoush salad is sumac, a. This fattoush is going to have crisp but toasted breadsticks; even the fried croutons turn limp and who wants to eat soggy bread? You can have Fattush Salad *Vegan using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Fattush Salad *Vegan
- It’s 3/4 of iceberg lettuce.
- Prepare 4 of cucumbers.
- It’s 5 of raddish.
- You need 5 of tomatoes.
- You need 1 of brown onion (fine chopped).
- Prepare 1 of garlic clove (fine chopped).
- You need 100 gr of spinach (optional).
- It’s 100 gr of mint leaves.
- It’s 1 tbsp of mint flake.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of lemon juice.
- It’s 3 tbsp of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 4 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 2 pcs of Lebanese bread.
So grab a crunchy sumac-flavored breadstick and chomp along! Fattoush is a popular Levantine Salad that's so light & fresh. Filled with fresh vegetables, lemon vinaigrette, & topped with fried pita bread. Fattoush is a popular salad in Middle Eastern cuisine and especially in Lebanon.
Fattush Salad *Vegan instructions
- Wash all veggies, peel cucumbers and raddish, leave part of the peel..
- Chop cucumbers and raddish thinly, put them in salad bowl..
- Chop tomatoes and lettuce smaller size than regular salad. Put them in salad bowl. Add fine chopped garlic and onion, mint leaves, spinach, and mint flake, mix together..
- Add salt, lemon juice, olive oil, and pomegranate molasses, mix well..
- Grill Lebanese bread or put it in a microwave or burn it with the fire on the stove until dry and crunchy, crack it and mix it with the salad..
- Ready to enjoy with Moojhadara..
In a sense, it's the Middle East's version of Italian Panzanella which is a bread salad made with toasted croutons. This salad might honestly be my new all-time favorite salad. Now traditionally, a Fattoush Salad is made of Leafy Greens, different Veggies (typically Radish. Our Lebanese Fattoush salad recipe is a very rich and healthy dish. Fattoush is the official Lebanese peasant salad, and farmers just throw in whatever spring/summer harvest they have into.