Banana and Chocolate Chip Traybake (Vegan Allergen Free).
You can have Banana and Chocolate Chip Traybake (Vegan Allergen Free) using 9 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Banana and Chocolate Chip Traybake (Vegan Allergen Free)
- You need 300 g of Dairy Free Spread.
- You need 200 g of Caster Sugar.
- It’s 2 of Medium Ripe Bananas Mashed.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Milled Flax Seed.
- Prepare 300 g of Gluten Free Self Raising Flour.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of Xanthan Gum.
- You need 1 tsp of Baking Powder.
- You need 50 g of Dairy Free Chocolate Chips.
Banana and Chocolate Chip Traybake (Vegan Allergen Free) step by step
- Very lightly grease an 8” square Brownie tin or similar and line with baking paper. Be sure to leave an inch or two hanging out the edges so you can use them to lift the cooled tray bake out at the end..
- Preheat oven to 160 degrees Celsius for fan oven (or 180 for conventional).
- Prepare the flax egg – this replaces normal eggs, which help to bind the ingredients and give lift. Add hot water to the milled flax seed, a tablespoon at a time, stirring thoroughly. You want the result to be the same consistency as raw egg white. Let it sit whilst you prepare the other items, it will become thicker and you may have to loosen it with a little bit more water later..
- After sifting and weighing your flour, sift the xanthan gum and baking powder into the flour too..
- Once you have mashed your bananas, add the vanilla extract to it. By pre-combining the various dry ingredients together, and similarly the wet, it will make the next steps simpler..
- Cream together the sugar and spread, until light and fluffy. The spread works best if cooler than room temperature, but still soft enough to beat using a mixer. Do not over mix..
- Slowly add the mashed banana, a little at a time, mixing on medium speed. Follow in the same way with the flax egg, which may need loosening with a little water first..
- Gently fold in the flour, making sure it is well combined, then add the chocolate chips, folding in evenly..
- Pour or spoon batter into the lined tin, spread the top out evenly and giving the tin a good shake to make sure the batter is properly spread out..
- Bake in centre of oven for 40-50 minutes and check – the cake should be golden and a skewer should come out mostly clean. A little bit of slightly moist cake batter coming away on the skewer is ok as it will continue to cook in the tin as it cools. If the cake is not quite at this stage, return to the oven for 5 minute increments until ready..
- Allow to cool a little in the tin before lifting out gently onto a rack to cool fully. Cut once cooled, enjoy with a hot drink or with custard!.