Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls.
You can have Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls
- Prepare of Firm tofu.
- It’s 1 C of Sushi rice.
- It’s 1 C of Corn starch.
- You need of Vegan chicken seasoning.
- Prepare of UMAMI mushroom seasoning.
- Prepare 2 of Nori sheets.
- You need of Pickled Shredded red cabbage.
- It’s of Pickled carrots and apples.
- It’s of Soy sauce (shoyu sauce).
- You need of Mirin (rice wine vinegar).
- Prepare of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Sesame seeds (optional).
- You need of Panko bread crumbs.
- It’s of Oat milk.
- Prepare of Sugar and Salt.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls step by step
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick..
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!.
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil..
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too).
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!.
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well..
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm..
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully..