Warm lentil salad. Warm French Lentil Salad with Bacon & Herbs. Warm Lentil Salad Who said salads have to be served chilled? This soon-to-be family classic is best served warm.
Here's a wonderful Warm Lentil Salad that's wholesome and filling enough to be served as a meal. Made with dried green lentils (or canned if you prefer), carrot, celery, tomatoes, feta and drizzled with a gorgeous lemon/garlic dressing. Warm Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese Warm Lentil Salad with Goat Cheese. You can have Warm lentil salad using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Warm lentil salad
- It’s 1/2 cup of puy lentils, rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of water or vegan or veggie stock.
- It’s 1 of red onion, finely chopped.
- It’s of some tomatoes, finely chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of capers.
- Prepare Handful of rocket, torn into smaller pieces.
- Prepare of Some flat leaf parsley, finely chopped – at least 1 tbsp.
- Prepare of Dressing.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of maple syrup or runny raw honey.
- You need of Generous pinch sea salt.
- Prepare of Generous pinch black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of ground turmeric.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground cardamom.
- It’s of Generous pinch ground cinnamon.
- You need of Generous pinch cayenne pepper.
Drain the Puy lentils in water and toss with the dressing, red onion, spinach and cherry tomatoes. Warm French Lentils from Barefoot Contessa. A great storecupboard salad, topped with golden brown halloumi and quick, homemade pickled red onion. Blitz until smooth, loosening with a little more water, if needed.
Warm lentil salad step by step
- Put the lentils and water/ stock in a pan (with a lid). Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for about 20 mins until lentils are cooked..
- Make the dressing by mixing everything together really well. Taste it and add as needed..
- Once the lentils are ready, stir the dressing in..
- Add the onion, tomatoes, capers, rocket and parsley..
- Enjoy 😋.
French green lentils and Swiss chard join the aromatic blend of finely diced onion, carrot, and celery known as mirepoix in this hearty salad. It's tossed in a lemony mustard dressing while still warm and finished with fresh parsley, creamy goat cheese, crunchy almonds, and the piece de resistance, poached eggs. Line a platter, salad plates or wide bowls with arugula. Vegetables, bacon and herbs accompany warm lentils for a satisfying side dish. Directions: In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine lentils and stock and bring to a boil.