Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF instructions. Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together. In a separate bowl combine the sugar, water, oil and avocado.
This is just my chocolate avocado cake in Christmas form really. Watch the baking time and don't leave it in the oven too long or it won't roll up as well Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. It's easy to learn how to make yule log recipe dairy free. yule log recipe dairy free is one of my favorite menu. You can have Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF using 19 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 of This uses the same recipe as my Best Ever Vegan Chocolate Cake with the ingredients halved as follows:.
- Prepare 240 grams of plain flour.
- You need 3 tbsp of cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1 tsp of baking powder.
- You need 1 tsp of bicarb of soda/baking soda.
- It’s 30 ml of olive oil.
- Prepare 1/2 of medium avocado, well mashed.
- Prepare 240 ml of water.
- You need 120 grams of sugar.
- You need 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1 tsp of vanilla extract.
- You need of Buttercream Icing.
- You need 150 grams of dairy-free spread/pure margarine/butter.
- Prepare 250 grams of icing/powdered sugar.
- You need 2 tbsp of cocoa powder or to taste.
- You need of Ganache.
- Prepare 150 ml of double / heavy / coconut cream.
- You need 150 grams of good quality dark chocolate.
How to make yule log recipe dairy free easily? In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the yule log recipe dairy free! Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. It's easy to learn how to make dark chocolate yule log recipe.dark chocolate yule log recipe is one of my favorite menu.
Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Preheat your oven to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F and line a shallow tin such as for brownies or swiss roll with greaseproof paper.
- Mix the flour, cocoa and salt together.
- In a separate bowl combine the sugar, water, oil and avocado. Mix well and add to the dry ingredients and combine well.
- In a small bowl combine the baking powder, soda, vinegar then vanilla. Mix until well frothed up then add to the cake batter. Don't overmix or you'll knock all the air out.
- Quickly pour into the shallow cake tin and put in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until JUST ALMOST done or you won't be able to roll it.
- Lay another piece of greaseproof paper on top of the sponge. Use the bottom paper to roll the sponge over jelly/swiss roll style so the top piece of paper is rolled inside. Don't roll too tight or the cake will crack when you undo it. Let cool 15 minutes then unroll carefully – you are not rolling it completely flat, that will break it. Just loosening it.
- Make up buttercream icing by creaming the butter, sugar and cocoa (you might like more cocoa in it) together, remove the paper and spread on top of the sponge, then roll back up again. Cover the whole sponge including ends in the rest of the buttercream.
- Drag a fork long ways across the 'log' to make the bark of the wood effect. Don't forget the ends, Do those grains circle fashion. Put the cake in the fridge to harden the buttercream.
- To make the ganache for the top, first chop up the chocolate quite small. Bring the cream to the boil in a saucepan and as soon as it does, take the pan off the heat and whisk in the chocolate. At this stage you could add a tsp of rum, orange essence or any other flavouring but it's not necessary.
- Let the ganache cool to the point where it's not hot enough to melt the buttercream icing but is still spreadable and put into a piping bag.
- Take the log out of the fridge and pipe the ganache all over remembering the ends. It should settle into the grooves you already made nicely but you can gently go over them again if you want to. Put back into the fridge to harden.
- When ready to serve give a dusting of powdered sugar. Traditionally these are decorated to resemble forests with lots of greenery on top.
How to make dark chocolate yule log recipe easily?. In this recipe you will discover the simplest yet most flavourful way to make the dark chocolate yule log recipe! Whether you're cooking for a small family dinner or a daytime. Vickys Christmas Yule Log, GF DF EF SF NF. It's easy to learn how to make gretchen's bakery yule log recipe. gretchen's bakery yule log recipe is one of my favorite menu.