Vickys Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Pork and Apple Meatloaf GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Red Pepper and Chilli Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF. You can of course use however many and whatever type of chilli peppers you like or leave them out completely.
I use a lot of minced pork because of Jacks allergy to beef but I've been bored cooking the same recipes lately. I decided to change things up a bit and what came out was this quick Asian influenced dish. Great recipe for Vickys Potato and Vegetable Shapes, GF DF EF SF NF. You can have Vickys Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 7 of medium red onions.
- It’s 1 of medium white onion.
- Prepare 2 of medium shallots.
- You need 1 of red sweet pepper.
- It’s 1 of red chilli.
- Prepare 270 ml of balsamic vinegar.
- Prepare 50 ml of red wine vinegar.
- It’s 220 grams of brown sugar.
- You need 1 of cinnamon stick.
- You need 3 of bay leaves.
- It’s 1 of some rosemary leaves.
- It’s 10 of crushed black peppercorns.
- You need 1 of a good splash of olive oil.
My kids love these cut into shapes, you can even add a little flaked fish or go half potato, half cauliflower for another veggie, cauliflower blends in without them knowing Great recipe for Vickys Various Tortilla Pinwheels, GF DF EF SF NF. Just a change from a sandwich, the kids like them, they're good finger food for parties. Check my recipe list under my profile or use the search bar to find free-from condiments and sauces to use as well as my free-from tortilla. Ingredients of Vickys French/Scottish Onion Soup, GF DF EF SF NF.
Vickys Caramelised Red Onion Chutney, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Chop the white onion and shallots as finely as you can. Chop half of the red onion in bigger pieces and half sliced thinly. This is just for texture.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Throw in the cinnamon, rosemary, pepper and bay leaves, then add all of the onion.
- Cook on low for 20 minutes so the onion gets nice and sticky soft.
- Add the finely chopped chilli and sweet pepper and cook down a further few minutes.
- Add the sugar and stir in to coat the onion, then add the vinegars.
- Bring to the boil, then turn down to a simmer and let cook down for an hour and a half stirring now and again.
- Total simmer may take up to 2 hours, you're waiting until all of the liquid evaporates and so after the first hour and a half you need to stand over the pan so it doesn't burn as it starts to thicken.
- When all the liquid is gone what's left should resemble a thick sticky jam.
- Spoon into sterilized jars and let stand sealed for 4 – 6 weeks for the flavour to fully develop. Make in the middle of November to be good for Xmas. Makes enough to fill 5 x 180g jars, indicated above as 5 servings = 1 jar. Great served with cheese and crackers, salads, cold cuts etc.
Originating in Northern Pakistan, the Balti is a fresh. Here is how you achieve it. Ingredients of Vickys Chicken Balti, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Asian-Style Caramelised Pork, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Homemade Onion Pilau Rice, GF DF EF SF NF.