Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free). How To Make Vegan Tofu Scramble. So you start off with mashing up some firm tofu with a fork, leaving some nice chunks (see pic below). Then you get started on your 'egg' sauce (see photo collage above).
Showing you how to make the BEST Tofu Scramble recipe! These vegan scrambled eggs are flavorful and fluffy (and easy to make). Firm Tofu: Firm tofu will provide the best texture for tofu scramble. You can cook Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free) using 16 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free)
- It’s 1 of medium firm tofu (19OZ).
- Prepare 1 packet of mushrooms (250 grams).
- It’s 3 of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 2 tsp of finely chopped ginger.
- It’s 1 cup of chopped leek.
- It’s of Chopped scallions.
- You need 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of toasted pecans.
- Prepare of For the glazed:.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of sesame oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of soy sauce.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of corn starch.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of minced ginger.
- Prepare 1 clove of minced garlic.
Silken tofu will make for less defined crumbles and a softer texture (so it's your preference. Tofu scramble is a delicious vegan breakfast that's loaded with plant-based protein and vegetables. Choosing the right type of tofu is key to achieving a tender scrambled eggs consistency. Adding some turmeric gives a yellow hue and savory flavor to the crumbled bean curd.
Glazed tofu scramble (vegan & gluten-free) instructions
- To prepare the tofu, drain the excess water, and squeeze dry it with a towel or paper tissues, and leave it in the fridge for a couple of hours before making the recipe (or even overnight)..
- Heat sesame oil on a nonstick pan, crumble tofu and cook for 5 minutes, followed by mushrooms for a few minutes, and lastly the rest of the veggies, and cook for 15 stirring every now, and then until everything is well cooked..
- While that's cooking, prepare the glaze by mixing the water and cornstarch well first without leaving any lumps, then the rest of the glaze's ingredients..
- Add the glaze as a last step, and stir to coat everything..
- Serve warm on rice, with lettuce wraps, top of salad, or as a side dish..
If you miss scrambled eggs, this one's for you. So if you've been there too, or have recently gone vegan, I hope you enjoy this recipe! This tofu scramble really hits the spot for me, and I'm sure it will for you as well. Sure, you can have your tofu scramble with just the flavored tofu, but why not add other ingredients to make it a hearty, satisfying meal? I love to add veggies into my scrambles such as mushrooms, beans, zucchini, spinach and bell peppers.