Vegan Banana and Oat Pancakes.
You can have Vegan Banana and Oat Pancakes using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Banana and Oat Pancakes
- You need 50 g of Plain Flour.
- Prepare 50 g of Self-raising Flour.
- Prepare 50 g of Oats.
- It’s 2 of ripe Bananas.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of Vegan butter (and a bit more for frying).
- Prepare 200 ml of Alternate milk (I used oat).
- You need 1 tsp of Baking powder.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Cinnamon.
- You need Pinch of Salt.
- It’s 1 of cap of Vanilla Extract.
- It’s of Icing Sugar- to your own taste.
Vegan Banana and Oat Pancakes step by step
- Whizz (or mash) up the banana and vegan butter. Whizzing gives the pancakes a smoother texture, whereas mashing gives you more lumps of banana flavour. When combined, add the oats and salt..
- In a large bowl sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon. Take the banana mixture and add into the dry ingredients. Add the milk. Mix the ingredients until they're well combined; the batter should become quite thick. Add icing sugar if needed..
- Heat up a non-stick pan with a small amount of oil. When smoking hot dollop the pancake mix into the pan- use about 3 tablespoons. Flip the pancake and keep on the heat until both sides are golden brown and evenly cooked. Push on the top of the pancakes with the spatula to make sure they are cooked through..
- When done put the pancake onto a plate beneath a tea-towel to keep warm. Repeat until the batter is used up, you might need to add more oil between pancakes. Serve with what you like, I love these pancakes with banana, strawberries, maple syrup and pistachio..