Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner. Great recipe for Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner. You can add so much to this dish – potatoes, chicken, bacon, broccoli, the combinations are endless!! Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner instructions.
Recipe: Perfect Vickys Vegan Scotch Pancakes, GF DF EF SF NF Great recipe for Vickys Full Roast Chicken Dinner with Sides and Leftover Ideas, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-free. Yummy and simple recipes from United Kingdom. This classic Apple Strudel Recipe is the ideal easy dessert to impress guests. You can have Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner using 10 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner
- You need 6 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of parsnip.
- It’s 1 of sweet potato.
- It’s 1 of turnip/swede.
- Prepare 1 of red onion cut into wedges.
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic.
- You need 6 of sheets of filo pastry, see my profile (vic20adamant) for a free-from recipe.
- Prepare 1 of oil & sunflower spread for greasing.
- You need 1 of salt & pepper to taste.
- Prepare 1 of any other preferred seasoning.
Thrown together in minutes, it turns out perfect every time! The kids might like our Apple Fritters Recipe more since it is like a donut. Make a batch for the kids while you enjoy the homemade st. This makes it much easier to transfer the dough to the baking tray.
Vickys Roasted Vegetable Strudel, Gluten, Dairy, Egg & Soy-Free, Vegetarian Christmas Dinner step by step
- Preheat your oven to gas 5 / 190C / 375°F.
- Peel and dice the carrots, parsnip, potato and swede so they're roughly the same size and put onto a baking tray with the onion wedges. Finely chop the garlic and add it too then give the whole thing a drizzle of oil and season with salt & pepper and any other seasonings of your choice eg paprika, mixed herbs etc.
- Toss to combine and roast for 35 minutes or until the vegetables are soft and golden. Cool on the tray for 10 minutes and turn the oven down to gas 4 / 180C / 350°F.
- Layer the 6 filo sheets onto a large greased baking tray and brush the top sheet with sunflower spread around the edges. Spoon the cooled veg in a line down the centre of the pastry sheet and wrap it over the top of the filling to create a firm sausage shape.
- Brush the next filo sheet with dairy-free spread around the edges and wrap it over the first sheet. Continue this process until all of the sheets have been buttered and wrapped around the filling, then brush spread all over the top and sides of the finished strudel.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden. Slice into quarters and serve with a nice green salad.
- Great if you have any other leftover vegetables – I often add onion, baby corn, asparagus, squash, anything I have sitting around! A squeeze of lemon and a sprinkle of sugar tastes great over the roasted veg too.
Aimee Ryan's vegan vegetable strudel recipe makes a sublime vegan roast dinner option. With the mixer running, add the liquid to the mixer in a slow, steady stream. While most people tend to think "apple strudel," strudels can be sweet or savory. While seasonal fruits are popular fillings, some sweet strudels are fruit-free, filled instead with soft, sweetened cheese (), poppy seeds, or nuts. Savory strudels are filled with cheeses, meats, seafood or vegetables.