Vegan banana bread. Vegan baking can be a little bit like Goldilocks in the classic fairy tale. Home cooks can find one recipe to be too dry, the next too moist; another one can be too sweet, but the next is not sweet enough. Happy ending alert: This vegan banana nut bread recipe is "just right" in every way.
This vegan banana bread recipe made with a mixture of brown sugar and coconut sugar appeals to vegans and non-vegans alike. In a large bowl, add in all of the wet ingredients and mix until uniform. How to make vegan banana bread. You can have Vegan banana bread using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan banana bread
- Prepare 2 cups of whole wheat flour.
- It’s 3 of medium sized banana or 2 large banana(fully ripe).
- You need 1/2 cup of brown sugar.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of oil.
- You need 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of cinnamon powder.
- You need 1/4 cup to 3/4 cup +2tbsp of water.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vinegar or 2tsp lemon juice.
Full instructions and measurements can always be found in the recipe card at the bottom of the post. This is just a summary of the process. Thank you for a wonderful vegan banana bread!! Add the bananas to the bottom of a medium mixing bowl and mash well, add in the remaining wet ingredients and mix well.
Vegan banana bread step by step
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius for 20 minutes. Grease the loaf pan and set aside. Make sure all the ingredients are at room temperature. Sieve together flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon powder thrice..
- Mash the banana well without any chunks. Add brown sugar and 1/4 cup of water whisk until the sugar dissolves completely..
- Add oil, vinegar and mix again..
- Add the sieve the flour mixture in 3 batches and whisk without any lumps. Stir it slowly don't overmix. If required add water in small batches.I used totally of 3/4cup+2 tbsp water. The water required depends on the wheat flour you are using. This batter would slightly thicker only..
- Pour it to a greased loaf pan and level it with a spatula.Tap the pan 2 or 3 times..
- Bake it for 65 minutes in preheated oven for 180degree Celcius. A skewer inserted must come out clean once baked..
- Allow the banana bread to cool down a bit and place it on a wire rack to cool down completely..
- Slice the bread once it's completely cooled..
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just until incorporated. What could be better when you have some overripe bananas to use up? Whip this into the oven before guests arrive to fill the house with a delectable banana bread aroma. Put the mashed bananas in a large bowl and add the sugar, flour. Remove bread from pan and let cool completely on a wire rack.