Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN). A kid-friendly recipe for vegan and gluten-free chickpea nuggets. They asked for chickpea nuggets again and it got my mind churning with an idea for an actual chickpea nugget recipe — one with all the flavors and textures of chicken nuggets, but baked and egg-free.. Toasting the breadcrumbs keeps these nuggets golden brown, so don't skip this steam.
Tip: For added golden color spray nuggets with oil before baking. #ChickpeaNuggets #vegannuggets Chickpea Nuggets. Vegan and allergy-friendly Chickpea Nuggets are perfect for family meals or fun snacks. These allergy-friendly Chickpea Nuggets are perfect for vegans or people with food allergies. You can cook Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN) using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN)
- It’s of nuggets:.
- It’s 1 can of chickpeas (425g), rinsed and drained well.
- You need 1/4 cup of stock (use the amount of stock cube/powder to make a cup, but only add 1/4 cup water.).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vital wheat gluten.
- It’s 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of vinegar, I used apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of chicken spice.
- You need of to dust:.
- Prepare 1 cup of flour/crumbs, I used flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of parprika.
- You need 1 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt & pepper.
- You need 1 tbsp of thyme leaves, I recommend fresh.
- Prepare of Hot sauce of your choice / Plant based milk.
- Prepare of Oil for deep frying.
Enjoy them with your favorite dipping sauce. EASY Vegan Chickpea Nuggets- these chickpea nuggets are SO delicious and a fun meat-free meal that the whole family will love! Ever since Jemma started eating solid foods, I've been on the hunt for easy and healthy recipes that she can easily feed herself. These vegan chickpea nuggets are perfect with my Homemade Ketchup.
Chickpea Nuggets (VEGAN) step by step
- Its important to get the measurements for the nuggets right to assure the perfect texture. Put all the ingredients for the nuggets in a food processor (not blender) and process until chickpeas is fine but not a paste and all the ingredients is well incorporated. If you don't have a blender, I'm sure you can just mash the chickpeas first and then add in the rest of the ingredients..
- You should have a ball of dough at this point, knead it just a few times to help develop the gluten and to bind everything together. Cover it and let it rest for 15min in the fridge. After resting time, shape your nuggets into rectangles, do not make them thicker than 1cm to ensure they cook through. I got 13 nuggets from this batch. Pack your nuggets apart in a steamer on the stove and steam for about 25 min..
- You will notice they will swell up as they steam. Once removed from steamer let them cool down a bit. Heat up your oil. Mix your dry ingredients for the dusting together. Dip your cooled down nuggets in the hot-sauce or plant milk and then in the flour until you have covered them all. Deep fry for 20-30 seconds or until golden brown. Serve immediately and with a dipping sauce of your choice..
Vegan Tartar Sauce is a great alternative dip too! Cabbage salad is a great colorful side dish for vegetarian chicken nuggets. Try them with a side of Parmentier Potatoes. Try Lentil Carrot Hotdogs to go with the vegan chicken nuggets for a party! Make in an air-fryer or oven.