Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan.
You can cook Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan using 11 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan
- You need 1 lb of dry beans (I used 1/2 pinto & 1/2 white northern).
- Prepare to taste of clove.
- Prepare to taste of garlic, smashed, chopped.
- You need 1 of Med onion, fine chop.
- It’s 2 tsp of olive oil or your favorite good oil.
- Prepare 3 + 1/4 of cups water.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of tomato paste.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of cumin.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of oregano.
- You need 2 tsp of good quality fresh chilli powder. More if u want.
- Prepare 1 of Med green bell pepper, diced.
Yummy Scratch Beans Vegetarian and Vegan step by step
- Soak dried beans overnight. Drain and rinse..
- Heat oil in large pot, low-med heat. Quickly sautee garlic and onion, add water, beans, spices, green bell pepper and tomato paste plus salt to taste. Bring to boil, then reduce heat. Cook 60 minutes on low/simmer. Test your beans. Mine were perfect at 1 hr cook time..