Vegan American Pancakes. Try this vegan fluffy American pancake recipe with fresh berries, maple syrup or chocolate sauce. The most light, fluffy and delicious vegan pancakes I've ever tasted. No bananas or hard to find ingredients.
Heat a non-stick frying pan with a little more coconut oil. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden. Sarah Cook gives her tips on creating the best vegan pancakes, from classic to crepes, American to gluten free. You can have Vegan American Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan American Pancakes
- Prepare 125 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- You need 2-3 tbsp of sugar (I like coconut).
- You need 240 ml of plant milk (I use longlife sweetened soya).
- It’s 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar (I use one with mother).
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- It’s of Toppings e.g plant butter, maple syrup, fruit, choc chips etc.
Shrove Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Pancake day – whatever you want to call it, the plan is pancakes. With so many types and so many recipes I've sifted through my favourites to give you the best of the best. These vegan American-style pancakes are really thick and fluffy, rather than thin, like crepes. They're perfect for stacking with a drizzle of maple syrup!
Vegan American Pancakes step by step
- Mix wet ingredients together in a jug (milk, vinegar & vanilla).
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl with a balloon whisk (flour, bicarb & sugar).
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk til smooth.
- Leave to work it's bubbly magic for 5 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat…pour batter in evenly to desired size and flip when you see bubbles rising up to the surface..
- Cook until golden on both sides and springy to the touch (gently poke the middle to test if it springs back).
- Serve on a warm plate with your favourite toppings. Butter and maple syrup are always a winner here!!.
- You can also drop toppings into the batter as it cooks on the first side (e.g. chopped banana, frozen blueberries, chocolate chips/chunks etc) – but do make sure to cook for a little longer as it's easy to end up with raw batter in the centre..
Maple syrup Lemon juice and a little sugar Coconut yogurt and berries Raspberry compote Mango compote Vanilla Pineapple compote Vegan American-style pancakes. Serve a stack of these fluffy American pancakes soaked in maple syrup for an indulgent, plant-based breakfast. Vegan pancakes with mixed berry compote. Add the sugar, baking powder and salt and mix together. Very good vegan pancake recipes for Pancake Day.