You can have Vegan Souse using 15 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Souse
- You need 1 lb of green bananas, peeled, boiled, cooled and cut into chuncks.
- It’s of Brine.
- You need 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of lemon juice.
- You need 1 tbsp of chive, chopped.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of celery, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of medium pimento pepper, chopped.
- Prepare 1 of small onion, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 tbsp of salt or to taste.
- You need 1/2 tsp of black pepper or to taste.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cucumber, sliced.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of thyme.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ginger, minced(optional).
- It’s 1/2 of medium carrot, thinly sliced.
- Prepare 1 of hot pepper/pepper sauce to your level of spiciness.
Vegan Souse instructions
- In a deep dish/bowl, combine the brine ingredients, except the hot pepper, stir. add the bananas and pepper mix well, taste, adjust salt and pepper soak 30 mins before serving.
- NOTE: the longer it soak, the better it taste and the more spicy and salty it'll be, so be cautious when adjusting the taste..
- To be eaten as it is or with bread.