Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella. What would a Vegan Dessert Recipe be without vegan cream cheese, vegan chocolate or even. sugar-free chocolate syrup? I always enjoy eating desserts without all the unhealthy Find Vegan Mozzarella and Related Articles. Then toss into the blender with the remaining ingredients, and blend until completely smooth.
It's also so easy to make you will hardly believe it. Trust me – this vegan mozzarella is going to blow your mind. Here's five reasons why my vegan mozzarella is better: It's ACTUALLY stretchy! You can cook Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella using 6 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella
- Prepare 1/2 cup of raw cashews, soaked.
- Prepare 1 1/3 cups of water.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tbsp of salt.
- It’s 4 tbsp of tapioca starch (I used arrowroot flour).
Once melted, this stuff pulls apart just like the real deal! Perfect for grilled cheese, lasagna, pizza and more! Meet the vegan mozzarella cheese of your dreams! Stretchy, tangy and oh-so-delicious. vegan mozzarella in a bowl.
Stretchy Vegan Mozzarella instructions
- Boil 2 cups of water (I just heat up water in my tea kettle). Pour the water over the cashews and let soak for 5 minutes and up to an hour..
- Drain the cashews, and add them to a blender along with 1 1/3 cups fresh water (not the water you soaked the cashews in), lemon juice, apple cider vinegar, salt and tapioca starch. Blend until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the blender as needed. It will be very watery at this point..
- Now pour the watery mixture into a small saucepan and bring the heat to medium. Begin to stir with a spatula or spoon..
- After a few minutes, it will begin to get clumpy. Keep stirring, constantly until suddenly it will become super gooey, stretchy, thick and smooth. It will become one big mass of stretchy vegan cheese. Remove from heat as soon as this happens..
- Use immediately, or store in a covered container in the refrigerator. It is easiest to use immediately, because it will thicken up more in the fridge and be less stretchy. So if possible, especially for using on pizza or lasagna, make right before using..
- For pizza, drop 1-2 tablespoon sized balls onto the crust and pat down a little bit. Or spread it all over. It will brown in the oven. For lasagna, drop dollops of the cheese all over the top towards the end of cooking time. Or place between bread and grill for grilled cheese..
Enjoy with pasta, pizza, or anything you normally use mozzarella for! We hope you love this recipe as much as we do ️, it's: Stretchy; Gooey; Melty A simple stretchy, gooey and delicious vegan mozzarella recipe. Perfect for pizzas, pasta dishes, salads and more. With all the stretch and flavour of dairy-based mozzarella, but completely dairy-free. This vegan mozzarella recipe is a simple plant-based cheese recipe using easily-found ingredients.