Caribbean vegan fruit, veg & grain stew. These delicious vegetarian Caribbean recipes make a wonderful, colourful and spicy meal. Recipes include jerk tofu and callaloo (or spinach), spicy sweet potatoes and coconut rice and beans. These recipes are also suitable for vegans.
Caribbean Fruit & Vegetable Information Guide. The Caribbean boasts a huge variety of delicious fruit, vegetables, herbs and spices. Take a look at some of the produce available in various Caribbean islands. · This Caribbean vegan plantain curry is filling, delicious and made in one pot. You can have Caribbean vegan fruit, veg & grain stew using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Caribbean vegan fruit, veg & grain stew
- Prepare of Wholegrain rice.
- It’s of Mixed Quinoa.
- It’s of Buckwheat pasta.
- It’s of Cranberries.
- It’s of Caribbean BBQ spice & salt.
- You need of Guarana / coffee powder.
- It’s of dry.
- It’s of Chopped tomato.
- Prepare of Water (filtered).
- Prepare of wet.
- Prepare of Carrots (juliette).
- Prepare of Butternut squash chunks.
- Prepare of Mango chunks.
- You need of Pineapple chunks.
- Prepare of Blackberries.
- It’s of frozen.
It's packed with sweet potatoes, spinach, kidney beans and fragrant spices. Chickpea Vegan Meatloaf – Connoisseurus Veg. At this time of the year In fact, it's actually Jamaica's national dish! The ackee fruit has a creamy, buttery texture and.
Caribbean vegan fruit, veg & grain stew step by step
- Add water 1st, (to either a saucepan or slow cooker whichever you choose – only the cooking time is different) then the dry grain ingredients (rinsing the rice & Quinoa) (not the spice & coffee powder).
- Add all the frozen ingredients, carrots 1st as they take longest «« careful not to touch them with hands that are even slightly damp – best to use clean washing up gloves (the frozen item freezes the moisture on your hand / fingers & so 'glues' it to you) »».
- Add the chopped tomato on top of all that is in the cooking appliance.
- Add the coffee powder & grind the spicey salt.
- If in saucepan – Cook as you would normally cook rice, depending on if it's quick rice or full length cooking, boil 1st then simmer for about 20 if not quick rice. (FOLLOW THE PACKAGE INSTRUCTIONS FOR WHICHEVER RICE, QUINOA & PASTA YOU USE).
- If in slow cooker – Set to low & leave for 6 or 7 Hrs / high for 3-4 hrs, adjust for your cooking appliance type, stay near it & keep checking until you have made the necessary adjustments & can leave it alone, mine keeps needing a stir now & then..
- I have left all the amounts up to you, adjust amounts according to how much of the meal is needed / for how many, you might want more or less of certain parts – a rough guide on an idea – hope you enjoy it (when you get all the amounts & temperature / times etc right)..
- Please note that I use quick rice, also that rice can be cooked into the meal, it doesn't have to be cooked separately, it actually says on the side of some packs to cook until all the water is absorbed as 1 of the options, you can tell best by if the bowl that the foods on is too hot to touch & I strongly recommend getting a food thermometer if you're not used to slow cooking, keep a check on it throughout & notch it up to high for last hr if all the ingredients are still 'whole' & not gooey..
- Some parts will still remain whole, but the rice & pasta will be more like runny porridge..
Highly requested more vegan inspired Caribbean recipes! Vegan Brown Stew Pineapple Salsa Coconut Rice Patacones Vegan Coleslaw Recipe: www.rachelama.com. Man-up Caribbean Veg Curry & Fresh Roti. Wow your friends and family with this lip-tingling Caribbean-inspired curry complete with fresh roti. Proper Healthy Food: Hearty vegan and vegetarian recipes for meat lovers.