Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF.
You can have Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 2 clove of garlic, skin left on.
- Prepare 35 grams of pine nuts (1/4 cup) or sunflower seeds.
- It’s 2 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of finely chopped dried onion.
- You need 220 grams of pumpkin puree (1 cup).
- It’s 180 ml of coconut cream / heavy cream.
- Prepare 120 ml of chicken stock or vegetable stock.
- You need 25 grams of grated parmesan-style cheese (1/4 cup, I use 'Veganic' brand, gf, df, sf, ef).
- You need 1/4 tsp of grated nutmeg.
- Prepare 225 grams of gluten-free pasta of choice to serve, most dry pastas are also egg free.
- It’s of Pecan Topping.
- You need 30 grams of pecan nuts, roughly chopped (1/4 cup).
- It’s 1 tbsp of sunflower spread / butter.
- Prepare 1 1/2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- It’s 1 pinch of ground cinnamon.
Vickys Pumpkin Pasta Sauce GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Start cooking your pasta in a large pan of boiling, salted water according to the package directions.
- Put the garlic in a small, dry frying pan over a medium-low heat. When the garlic starts to colour add in the pine nuts and toast them until turning golden.
- Remove the garlic and pour the pine nuts into a larger, cold frying pan with the butter and dried onions. Peel the garlic, finely mince it and add it to the pan. Heat on low until the butter is just melted, then add the pumpkin puree and stir to combine.
- Place the mixture in a blender and blitz until smooth. Pour back into the frying pan over a medium-low heat and add the cream, chicken stock, parmesan and nutmeg. Stir well to combine and heat. Add salt to taste.
- Put the chopped pecan nuts into the smaller frying pan over a low heat and warm through. Add the butter and stir in until melted. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon. Stir a few times and spread out on parchment paper to cool a bit.
- To serve, drain the pasta when ready and add to the sauce. Toss together and when plated, sprinkle some of the candied nuts on top.