Vegan Potato Rolls. I have had SO many comments on my Vegan Biscuits and my Pull-Apart Rolls that I thought I'd add another option today…. Unsweetened Almond Milk, Mashed Potatoes, Bread Flour, Yeast, and Salt make up the majority of the ingredients. Melt in your mouth sweet potato bread rolls.
There is a triple moisture action going on. These easy no yeast vegan cinnamon rolls feature sweet potato puree which makes them the most flavorful and soft homemade vegan cinnamon buns you'll ever make. No dough-punching & no long wait for the dough to rise to make these Vegan sweet potato cinnamon rolls! You can have Vegan Potato Rolls using 11 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Potato Rolls
- You need of For the "Buttermilk".
- Prepare 1 tb of apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 1 cup of soymilk.
- Prepare of For the Dough.
- It’s 350 gr of whole wheat flour (I use Bob's Red Mill).
- Prepare 350 gr of unbleached white flour.
- It’s 1 of medium cooked potato, mashed.
- You need 2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 3/4 tb of active dry yeast.
- It’s 1/2 cup of lukewarm water.
- You need 2 tsp of coconut sugar.
Baked and ready to enjoy, vegan potato flour bread rolls. At last, one of my most popular recipes on this site – the potato flour bread roll, is now available in vegan form. Same recipe, just adjusted for the plant based eater. Fluffy, puffy, soft and amazing rolls, great anytime.
Vegan Potato Rolls step by step
- Mix the vinegar and the soy milk, let it stand for 5 minutes..
- Mash or grate the cooked potato..
- Combine the flour and mashed potato in the bowl of a stand mixer. Make well in the middle, mix the yeast, the sugar with a little flour and pour 1/2 cup of water over it. Let it stand for couple of minutes..
- Turn the mixer on, slowly ad the salt and remaining water. Beat it until the dough forms into a ball. If the dough is sticky, add additional flour, 1 tablespoon at a time, until the dough comes together in a solid ball. Scrape the dough onto a lightly floured surface and gently knead into a smooth, firm ball. Cover it and rest it for 1 hour..
- Turn dough back onto the table, cut into 16 pieces.
- Shape the rolls.
- Place them onto prepared baking sheet. Let rise for 30 minutes..
- Preheat oven to 375F and bake them in the preheated oven until golden brown, 25-30 minutes..
These are wonderful for gatherings, served with dinner, maybe a little jam on top, anyway you desire. Great to dip in soup or use as little sliders. These vegan sweet potato rolls are the soft and pillowy bread of your dreams. A beautiful golden color thanks to the sweet potatoes, these savory dinner rolls are the perfect accompaniment to any fall feast, or to take a simple dinner to the next level. The soft and enriched dough is made vegan with the simple substitution of vegan butter (oil.