Vickys Thai-Style Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce.
You can have Vickys Thai-Style Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Thai-Style Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce
- You need 3 clove of garlic, finely chopped.
- It’s 2 of hot red chilli peppers, finely chopped with seeds.
- Prepare 180 ml of water.
- It’s 100 grams of granulated sugar.
- It’s 60 ml of cider vinegar.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tbsp of cornstarch / cornflour.
Vickys Thai-Style Sweet Chilli Dipping Sauce step by step
- Put the water, sugar, vinegar and salt in a small saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Add the garlic and chillies and turn down to a simmer for 3 minutes.
- Mix the cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water to make a slurry then stir it into the pan.
- Let cook for a further 2 minutes until the sauce is thickened, syrupy and clear.
- Let cool then pour into a sterilized jar, large enough to hold around 240mls / 1 cup.
- Keep in the fridge for up to 3 months.
- Enjoy with chicken, fish, spring rolls, fries/chips etc.
- Here are a couple of my other sweet chilli recipes, slight variations on this basic one https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/349990-vickys-sticky-sweet-chilli-chicken-drumsticks https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/344218-vickys-salmon-with-sweet-chilli-garlic-ginger-sauce-gluten-dairy-egg-soy-nut-free https://cookpad.com/us/recipes/362265-vickys-sweet-chilli-chicken-noodles-gf-df-ef-sf-nf.