Vegan chocolate cake. This really is the best chocolate cake ever, vegan or otherwise. It's super moist, rich and full of chocolate. Sift flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and granulated sugar into a large bowl.
Not to mention velvety and chocolatey. And very simple to make, some vegan cakes require an awful lot of expensive ingredients. A* for taste, ease and texture!" – Natasha ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ "Best vegan cake recipe ever! You can cook Vegan chocolate cake using 16 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate cake
- It’s of Cake.
- You need 1 1/4 cup of Flour.
- Prepare 1 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 1/3 cup of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It’s 1 tsp of Baking soda.
- You need 1/3 cup of Vegetable oil.
- It’s 1 tsp of Distilled or white apple cider vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Vanilla extract.
- You need 1 cup of warm water.
- It’s of Glaze.
- It’s 1/2 cup of Sugar.
- It’s 4 tbsp of Margarine.
- It’s 2 tbsp of Soy milk.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- It’s 2 tsp of Vanilla extract.
I made mine into cupcakes and subbed the vegan butter for vegetable oil and it came out perfect! Vegan or not if you're looking for an amazing chocolate cake recipe you are going to love this Vegan Chocolate Cake. What Are Vegan Cakes Made Of? Very simply, dairy-free versions of regular cake ingredients.
Vegan chocolate cake step by step
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. In an 8X8 square pan/dish, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, and salt with a fork, making sure it is really blended together. Add the water, vanilla, oil, and vinegar, and again, mix together so that it's really blended together. Use a spatula to scrape down the sides if necessary..
- Place in oven and bake for about 30 minutes, or until a knife comes out clean. Cool on a rack completely (2 hours). Seriously, wait 2 hours, or it will collapse in the centre..
- For the glaze, in a small saucepan, bring sugar, margarine, milk, and cocoa to a boil. Stir frequently; then reduce heat to a simmer for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. It'll look gloppy, but it's just the bubbles! Remove from heat and stir for another 5 minutes..
- Add vanilla, stir, and immediately pour onto cake. Glaze dries really quickly, so spread it immediately and add any sprinkles now. Let this cool for an 1 hour, if you can wait that long!.
Vegan butter is subbed for dairy butter, and a combo of oil, dairy-free milk, and apple cider vinegar replace the eggs. Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cake: Use peanut butter in place of the oil. Frost with the vegan cream cheese frosting recipe from my Easy Cinnamon Rolls post, and beat a half cup of peanut butter into the frosting. The vegan cake uses just a few basic ingredients you might already have on hand – no flax or chia eggs required, and no unusual ingredients like avocado or black beans. I really couldn't recommend it more!