Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan.
You can cook Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan using 12 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan
- You need 1 clove of garlic, minced.
- You need 1/2 of small onion, chopped.
- You need 1 stalk of celery, chopped.
- It’s 1 of leek, chopped.
- It’s 1-2 of carrots, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of quinoa, rinsed.
- You need 1 of potato, chopped.
- It’s 500 ml of vegan or veggie stock.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of cabbage, chopped.
- You need 1 of + tsp chilli powder (i used ancho + some flakes; any will do).
- Prepare 1 of + tsp ground cumin.
- It’s 1 cup of sweetcorn or broad beans or any other in-season veg.
Sopa Andina: veggie + quinoa soup – vegan instructions
- In a large pot heat the oil. Add the onion, garlic, carrot, leek and celery and sauté for 10-15 mins..
- Add the potato, cabbage and spices. Cook for about 5 mins..
- Add the quinoa. And after a few minutes, the stock. Bring to the boil. Then reduce heat and simmer for 20-25 mins. Add any other seasonal veg you’re using when you need to to ensure it’s cooked through..
- Add more chilli and cumin + pepper to taste. Enjoy!.