Slow Cooked Vegan Bananas Foster.
You can cook Slow Cooked Vegan Bananas Foster using 6 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Slow Cooked Vegan Bananas Foster
- Prepare 5 each of Ripe Bananas, medium.
- You need 1/4 cup of Pineapple Juice.
- It’s 1/3 cup of Organic Raw Sugar.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of Dark Rum.
- You need 1 quart of Sorbet or Non-Dairy Ice Cream.
- You need 1 tbsp of Apple Pie Spice (blend of allspice, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, nutmeg).
Slow Cooked Vegan Bananas Foster step by step
- This is a tasty dessert. I prepare the topping vegan (no butter) and serve over a sorbet or non-dairy ice cream..
- Slice bananas. These are traditionally sliced lengthwise, but I prefer to slice mine so they are round and bite sized..
- Add sugar, spice and pineapple juice to slow cooker. Turn on low. Stir until blended..
- Add bananas to slow cooker..
- Add rum. Stir the contents of the cooker until the bananas are well coated..
- Cover the slow cooker. Let cook three hours on low..
- Turn off slow cooker..
- Scoop sorbet or non dairy ice cream into bowl..
- Add bananas with liberal amount of sauce to bowl..
- Vegetarian rather than vegan? Add 2 tablespoons butter to slow cooker with the spices, and serve over ice cream or frozen yogurt if you prefer..