Vegan Carrot Cake. Add the grated carrot and the brown sugar. Carrots make cakes so wonderfully moist. And the same is definitely true for this dairy-free carrot cake.
A great carrot cake should be moist, not-too-sweet, appropriately spiced, and tender. This vegan carrot cake recipe hits all of the right notes and is made with everyday ingredients. I can't tell you this cake is healthy, raw, or gluten-free, but I can tell you it's delicious and easy to make. You can have Vegan Carrot Cake using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Carrot Cake
- You need 3 cups of all-purpose flour.
- Prepare 2 cup of granulated sugar.
- You need 1/3 cup of vanilla plant-based protein powder.
- You need 1 teaspoon of salt.
- It’s 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon.
- You need 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- It’s 2 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cups of walnuts.
- Prepare 2/3 cup of vegetable oil.
- It’s 2 cup of cold water.
- Prepare 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar.
- Prepare 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- Prepare 2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It’s of Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting:.
- You need 8 of 0 z container vegan cream cheese.
- It’s 1/2 cup of vegan butter.
- Prepare 2-3 cups of powdered sugar.
- You need of additional walnuts for garnish.
This super easy vegan carrot cake is made with cinnamon applesauce to keep it nice and moist, which means that you don't need an egg-replacer or an egg substitute at all. While this does keep it simple and makes it virtually foolproof (and a great vegan cake recipe for new vegans or anyone new to baking to try), it also means that this carrot cake isn't super light and fluffy. What you will need to make a vegan carrot cake and why: Tools: A Cheese Grater or Food Processor – to chop up or grate the carrots into very small pieces. A Large Mixing Bowl – to mix everything.
Vegan Carrot Cake instructions
- Heat your oven to 350Spray two round cake pans with vegetable spray. You can also place a piece of parchment paper at the bottom of the pans and spray the sides with vegetable oil..
- Combine in a large mixing bowl the flour, sugar, vanilla protein powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and baking soda. Stir to combine. Set aside..
- Place walnuts on a baking pan and toast for 5 minutes. Be careful not to cook too long because they will burn. Remove from the oven and allow to cool before chopping. Stir half of the walnuts into the flour mixture..
- In a smaller bowl combine the vegetable oil, water, vinegar and vanilla. Stir to combine..
- Add the chopped carrots to a food processor and pulse several times to shred the carrots. Pour the shredded carrots into the vegetable oil mixture. Stir to combine. Pour this into the flour mixture. Stir until combined..
- Pour the batter into your prepared pans. Bake for 35 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean..
- Allow the cake to cool for about 10 minutes before inverting onto a serving plate. Allow the cakes to cool completely..
- In the meantime make your Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting by combining the vegan cream cheese and vegan butter in a mixing bowl. Mix until light and fluffy. Add the powdered sugar 1/2 cup at a time, until you reach a desired consistency, which should be spreadable but thick..
- Ice the top of one of the cakes. Top with additional chopped, toasted walnuts. Place the second cake on top. Cover the top cake and sides with frosting. Garnish with chopped walnuts..
- Recipe Notes: You can use a 9X13 pan if you prefer that instead of a layered cake. If so, you'll need to bake the cake in a 9X13 pan for about 10 minutes longer. Be sure to use a tester in the center to see if the cake is done..
Cake Pans – to bake the cakes in. Whisk together the oil and sugar, then add the vanilla and milk. Combine the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda, spices and orange zest in a separate bowl. This vegan carrot cake recipe is a riff on my mom's traditional recipe. That cake is Jack's all-time favorite dessert, so she makes it whenever she comes to visit.