Saucy Mushroom, Bean and Tofu Chili (Vegan).
You can cook Saucy Mushroom, Bean and Tofu Chili (Vegan) using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Saucy Mushroom, Bean and Tofu Chili (Vegan)
- It’s 150 g of Chestnut Mushrooms.
- You need 400 g of Red Beans.
- It’s 125 g of Smoked Tofu.
- You need 6 of Green Chillies.
- Prepare 5 Cloves of Garlic.
- You need of Fresh Basil (to taste).
- It’s of Spices (see Step 3).
- Prepare Dash of Soy Sauce.
- You need of Olive Oil.
Saucy Mushroom, Bean and Tofu Chili (Vegan) step by step
- Cut mushrooms into halves. Dice three of the green chillies. Dice the cloves of garlic. Coat the frying pan (I used a wok) with olive oil and wait for it to heat up. After it does, add the mushrooms, chillies and garlic and fry for 5 minutes over medium-high heat..
- Dice the smoked tofu into cubes (I prefer fairly large chunks) and drain and wash the red beans (if canned). Add the tofu and the red beans to the pan, as well as the remaining chilli peppers (they'll be used for decoration)..
- Add spices: turmeric, herbes de provence (or rosemary, marjoram and/or thyme), chives, fresh basil, chilli flakes or powder, salt and pepper. Mix the spices in and add a dash of soy sauce. Fry for 5 more minutes..
- Stir the ingredients periodically. Add 1dl of water to the pan and stir more. When the water evaporates a bit, add 1dl more and fry until it evaporates slighlty, stirring from time to time. There should be plenty of sauce, but not so that it covers the ingredients..
- By now, the ingredients should be soft and saucy, getting their colour from turmeric and soy sauce. That's it, enjoy your meal and remember to decorate it with the three undiced chillies! 🙂.