Rhubarb flumble (flapjack+crumble). Start by cutting the rhubarb into bite-size chunks and put them in. Make this classic rhubarb crumble for an easy, family-friendly dessert. Use seasonal rhubarb and a handful of ingredients to make a stunning pud.
Photograph: Felicity Cloake for the Guardian. Many recipes add oats or ground almonds to their crumble mixtures. Both have their fans – and their downsides. You can have Rhubarb flumble (flapjack+crumble) using 9 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rhubarb flumble (flapjack+crumble)
- It’s of For rhubarb.
- Prepare 8/10 stick of rhubarb.
- It’s 50 g of sugar.
- You need 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It’s of For the topping.
- Prepare 50 g of porridge oats.
- Prepare 50 g of sugar.
- You need 50 g of butter melted (coconut oil for vegan option).
- It’s 30 g of desiccated coconut.
Too many chewy, stodgy oats, and the topping becomes a flapjack; more. James Martin's classic rhubarb crumble recipe will take you to comfort food heaven in six short steps and under an hour. An easy recipe for Rhubarb Crumble with step-by-step photos. Delicious served warm with a scoop of ice-cream, or even cold the next day at breakfast!
Rhubarb flumble (flapjack+crumble) step by step
- Start by warming up the oven on 180°C.
- Start by cutting the rhubarb into bite-size chunks and put them in a pan with the sugar until the sugar has melted remove from the pan and set aside in a bowl.
- For the topping start by melting the butter either on Bain Marie or in the microwave on defrost setting. Add the sugar, the porridge oats and the coconut and mix well.
- In an oven proof dish lay down the rhubarb, I like to use a quite small dish so that the rhubarb stacks up quite high and add the topping on top. Put in the oven to cook for approximately 25 to 30 minutes. Serve hot alone or with custard or ice cream or cream..
Bright pink and fruity rhubarb, baked with sugar, vanilla, and cardamom, with brown sugar, butter, and flour crumble topping. Rhubarb Crumble is a such a simple and delicious dessert you will wonder why you haven't made this before! Rhubarb crumble is one of the BEST dessert recipes ever, and this easy crumble recipe is a guaranteed winner. While most crumble recipes are quite similar and straightforward (stewing the fruit and getting that nice crispy topping), there are a few tricks to create the. Apple crumble os yje perfect dessert for a cold evening.