Homemade Dark Brown Sugar. Making your own brown sugar is so simple and easy and it tastes exactly like store-bought! You'll never run out of brown sugar if you keep two simple ingredients on hand: white granulated sugar and molasses. Recipe ingredients are for light brown sugar.
In the store, the brown sugar you're purchasing is white sugar + molasses. But I can tell you.it's a blander version of what you can make at home! How to Make Homemade Brown Sugar. You can have Homemade Dark Brown Sugar using 3 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Homemade Dark Brown Sugar
- Prepare of brown sugar.
- You need 2 cup of white sugar.
- You need 1/4 cup of molasses.
Before we start, let me say that brown sugar is easy to make and VERY forgiving. If it's too dark for your tastes, add a little more sugar. If you've never wondered how to make brown sugar at home if even if you should, check out this simple how-to for Easy Homemade Dark Brown Sugar. With just two simple ingredients, you can make your own brown sugar in a jiffy.
Homemade Dark Brown Sugar step by step
- In a blender or food processor add sugar and molasses. Pulse until it is JUST incorporated. This is the super fast way. By hand, just use the back of a fork to blend it all together..
- There you go. As simple as that. Now store in an airtight container. I use a two cup capacity container so it fills it up completely. As you use it, put it into smaller containers. This helps keep it from getting hard. Store in a cool, dry area..
- Technique shared by taylor68too..
This recipe really comes in handy in times when you run out of brown sugar or don't have enough to complete your recipe. Simply mix two ingredients together until they're. The only difference between light and dark brown sugar is the ratio of molasses to sugar. Dark brown sugar has more molasses, so you'll need more of it to make dark brown sugar at home. Making brown sugar is simply a matter of adding the molasses back into the white sugar—sort of like refining it in reverse.