Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew.
You can have Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew using 12 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew
- You need 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of large onion, chopped.
- Prepare 2 tsp of nutmeg.
- Prepare 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- It’s 2 tsp of turmeric.
- Prepare 1 of large aubergine, chopped into large chunks.
- You need 1/2 of butternut squash, diced into rough 1cm cubes.
- You need 500 ml of vegetable stock.
- You need 2 tbsp of brown sugar.
- You need 150 ml of pomegranate molasses.
- It’s 250 g of ground almonds.
- It’s 1 of pomegranate.
Vegan Fesenjān inspired stew step by step
- Fry the onion in the oil until soft and clear.
- Add the aubergine, squash and spices and stir, coating the vegetables in the spice mixture..
- Frey the vegetables for 5 minutes.
- Pour over the stock, sugar and molasses, add the almonds and stir.
- Cook down until the butternut squash is soft and the sauce has thickened to the desired consistancy..
- Serve on a bed of basmati rice and garnish with fresh pomegranate seeds..