Plantain Pancakes (Vegan).
You can have Plantain Pancakes (Vegan) using 4 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Plantain Pancakes (Vegan)
- It’s 1 of plantain (very ripe).
- You need of Liquid from 1 tin of pigeon peas.
- It’s of Flour (approx 1 cup).
- You need of Black pepper.
Plantain Pancakes (Vegan) step by step
- Peel plantain and mash in a bowl.
- Add about half the bean liquid, half a cup of flour done black pepper (and salt too if the bean liquid is unsalted) and mix well..
- Add more liquid and or flour as required and mix until you have a thick batter. If you have done it like I did, you won't be able to pour the batter, you will have to spoon it into the pan..
- Spoon a pancake-sized blob of batter into a frying pan (I used a medium heat and no oil). It should form a 1cm-thick pancake. You might have to flatten it with a spoon..
- Cook on each side for about 2 mins. It will go a satisfying brown color. Mine seemed quite resistant to burning, so I cooked them more to make sure they were done in the middle..