You can cook Vegetable Stoup using 15 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegetable Stoup
- You need 1 of leek, carefully washed and cut into neat half moons.
- You need 2 of carrots.
- Prepare 1 of small turnip.
- It’s 2 of potatoes.
- It’s 1 of small parsnip.
- You need 1 of kohlrabi, baseball size.
- It’s 2 sticks of celery.
- It’s 2 tablespoons of tomato paste.
- You need 400 g of tin 4 bean mix (or chickpeas or lentils).
- Prepare 1 cup of greens (I used 4 asparagus and a handful of Komatsuna, Japanese mustard spinach).
- It’s of Few sprigs of herbs to taste (I used parsley, thyme and oregano).
- It’s 1 tablespoon of olive oil.
- You need 1 tablespoon of butter (leave out and double the oil content to make this vegan).
- You need 600 mL of vegetable stock.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
Vegetable Stoup step by step
- Heat oil and butter in pan and add chopped leek. Cook on a moderate heat until the leek cooks down slowly to half its original volume..
- Chop and peel all vegetables to the size of a large pea. As each vege is chopped add it to the leek and cook down to half original volume..
- Add tomato paste and stir through. Cook for a few minutes..
- Add herbs and any hard greens such as asparagus and cook for a few minutes..
- Add tinned beans and stock and cook for a few minutes..
- Add leafy greens and cook until wilted and well combined..
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Vegetables should be cooked but still a little firm (al dente)..