Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice. This teriyaki peanut tofu stir-fry is a new recipe I've been keeping in rotation lately. It's a nice change from my usual go-to which is generally one variation or another Once the rice is cooked, remove from heat and fluff with a fork. In a medium sized bowl, combine all.
This crispy teriyaki tofu is better than takeout and easy enough for a weeknight dinner! Crispy tofu nuggets are baked (not fried!) and smothered in Serve with rice and steamed veggies for a knock-your-socks-off vegan meal. My husband and I always seem to find ourselves eating teriyaki tofu. You can cook Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice using 11 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice
- Prepare 2 Tbl of coconut oil.
- You need 14 oz of pkg firm tofu.
- It’s 1/2 of each green and red bell pepper, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 of medium onion, chopped.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of minced garlic.
- You need 1/4 cup of slivered almonds.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of ground ginger.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- It’s half of bottle teriyaki sauce.
- It’s 1/2 cup of or so sliced fresh mushrooms (optional).
- Prepare 1/4 cup of coconut flakes (optional).
To serve, divide Sushi Rice among six large soup bowls. Top with Tofu Teriyaki, avocado, carrots, and cucumber. Garnish with extra nori, sesame seeds, and green onions. Fun in the kitchen is the bases for any delicious food.
Vegan Teriyaki Tofu with Rice step by step
- Add coconut oil to pan..
- Slice tofu into 1-inch cubes..
- Combine bell peppers, onion, mushrooms, almonds, garlic, tofu, ginger, salt, and coconut flakes, and saute in coconut oil over med-low heat until vegetables are soft..
- Add about 1/2 bottle teriyaki sauce, and simmer for around 10 – 15 min, or until flavors blend..
- Serve with rice and vegetables. We suggest basmati or jasmine rice with Asian medley style vegetables. **Serve over riced cauliflower for low-carb version!.
What's more is that there is a relationship between your emotions and how your meal is received by. Teriyaki tofu is the ultimate tofu dish made with tofu cut into cubes, dredged in cornstarch, and then fried in a pan for maximum crispiness. For all you tofu novices and tofu lovers alike, I give you this Teriyaki Tofu recipe. It's simple to make, and involves firm tofu—those white blocks that you can find. A delicious homemade teriyaki of orange juice, ginger and soy sauce with sticky rice cakes sets this teriyaki tofu recipe apart.