Vegan Mashed Potatoes.
You can cook Vegan Mashed Potatoes using 9 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Mashed Potatoes
- It’s 2 each of Rapunzel Vegan Vegetable Bouillon Cube with Sea Salt and Herbs.
- You need 5 large of Yukon Gold Potatoes.
- Prepare 1 large of Vidalia Onion.
- Prepare 2 cup of Broccoli Florets, fresh.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Fresh Chives, to garnish.
- It’s 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Pepper.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Ground Sage.
- You need 1 of Water.
Vegan Mashed Potatoes step by step
- This is a vegan recipe that excludes milk or butter and uses vegetables to achieve a flavorful result..
- Set 1 quart water to boil in large saucepan. Add bouillon cubes..
- Cut potatoes and onion into large chunks.
- Cut broccoli into florets, with minimal stalks.
- When bouillon reaches a boil, remove one cup, set aside.
- Add potatoes, onion, and broccoli to pot, add additional water as needed to cover vegetables.
- Cover pan, reduce heat and cook 30-40 minutes or until potatoes are soft enough to mash.
- Remove from heat, drain water, transfer to bowl for mashing.
- Add salt, pepper, sage.
- Using hand masher, mash the vegetables. Add the bouillon set aside earlier as needed to achieve a good consistency..
- Sprinkle prepared potatoes with chives to garnish.
- Vegetarian, not vegan? Add 3 tablespoons butter prior to mashing, if you like..