You can cook Vegan Chili using 28 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vegan Chili
- It’s of Vegetables:.
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves minced.
- Prepare 1 of Onion chopped.
- You need 3 of Carrots diced small.
- You need 2 of Celery Stalks diced small.
- You need 2 of Jalapenos seeded and diced small.
- It’s 1 of Red, 1 Yellow, 1 Green bell pepper seeded & diced into approx 1" pieces.
- Prepare 1 of Pablano seeded & diced the same as the bell peppers.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- It’s 1-2 Tbsp of Olive Oil for sauteing.
- Prepare of Pantry Items:.
- You need 2 (14.5 oz) of cans of Cannellini Beans drained and rinsed.
- It’s 1 (14.5 oz) of can Black Beans drained and rinsed.
- Prepare 3 oz of Tomato Paste.
- It’s 1 (14 oz) of can Fire Roasted Tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 (28 oz) of can Petite Diced Tomatoes drained.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of Worstershire.
- You need 3-4 cups of Vegetable Broth.
- It’s of Seasoning Blend:.
- It’s 3 Tbsp of Chili Powder.
- It’s 2 Tbsp of Paprika.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of Garam Masala (you can leave this out if not on hand).
- You need 1 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Dried Oregano.
- It’s 1 Tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
Vegan Chili instructions
- Prep all your ingredients. Heat a large stock pot over medium heat with a little oil. Add your onions first and let them cook down a bit. Then add the garlic. Once the onions and garlic start to get some color and slightly caramelize you can throw in the rest of the fresh veggies. Add salt and pepper and stir. Turn heat down to medium low & cover. Cook until everything starts to soften..
- Once the veggies have softened add the tomato paste and seasoning blend. With a wooden spatula stir everything together well. You want the tomato paste and the seasonings to cook just for a minute a two. Then add all your can tomatoes. Stir and bring to a simmer for about 15 minutes uncovered..
- Once it has simmered add the beans and Broth. Eyeball how much broth you use. I like a thicker chili so I only used about 3 cups. Bring back to a simmer for about 10 minutes..
- At this point I cooled mine down and put in the fridge overnight. I reheated it the next day in the crockpot for a party. I personally think it was better the next day. If you want it the same day cover and let cook on low heat for about an hour. Serve up with your favorite fixings and enjoy… All my guests did. Even the manliest meat eaters loved it..