Vegan American Pancakes.
You can cook Vegan American Pancakes using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan American Pancakes
- Prepare 125 g of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of bicarbonate of soda.
- Prepare 2-3 tbsp of sugar (I like coconut).
- It’s 240 ml of plant milk (I use longlife sweetened soya).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Apple cider vinegar (I use one with mother).
- It’s 1 tsp of vanilla essence.
- You need of Toppings e.g plant butter, maple syrup, fruit, choc chips etc.
Vegan American Pancakes step by step
- Mix wet ingredients together in a jug (milk, vinegar & vanilla).
- Stir dry ingredients together in a bowl with a balloon whisk (flour, bicarb & sugar).
- Add wet ingredients to dry and whisk til smooth.
- Leave to work it's bubbly magic for 5 minutes.
- Heat some oil in a frying pan over a medium heat…pour batter in evenly to desired size and flip when you see bubbles rising up to the surface..
- Cook until golden on both sides and springy to the touch (gently poke the middle to test if it springs back).
- Serve on a warm plate with your favourite toppings. Butter and maple syrup are always a winner here!!.
- You can also drop toppings into the batter as it cooks on the first side (e.g. chopped banana, frozen blueberries, chocolate chips/chunks etc) – but do make sure to cook for a little longer as it's easy to end up with raw batter in the centre..