Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF using 9 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare 1 of large aubergine/eggplant sliced into quarter inch discs.
- You need of extra salt and kitchen paper to draw out the bitter moisture.
- It’s 150 grams of cornmeal or fine polenta.
- It’s 50 grams of cornflour/cornstarch.
- It’s 1 tsp of cajun spice mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/2 tsp of pepper.
- You need of Light coconut milk for dredging.
- Prepare of oil for frying.
Vickys Cornmeal Fried Aubergine / Eggplant, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Place your discs on kitchen paper and salt well each side. Cover top with another sheet of paper and let rest 10 minutes so the liquid that makes the aubergine bitter is drawn out.
- Mix together the corn starch, cornmeal, spice and seasonings.
- Pour some light coconut milk or milk of choice in a shallow dish and dredge the aubergine discs in this, then into the cornmeal mix.
- Pat the coating down well so it sticks on each side then set aside on clean kitchen paper and let rest until the oil is hot.
- Cook in batches of 4. The oil should come halfway up the sides of the discs when placed in the frying pan. They need 2 minutes each side on a medium heat, or until the crust goes golden brown. They will be crunchy outside and creamy in the middle, yum!.
- Serve with lemon wedges or hollandaise works very nicely. They will stay crispy for 2 days, reheat under a low grill or in a toaster bag!.