Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables. The only Vegan Pesto recipe you'll ever need! There are many vegan versions of green pesto I've tried over the years (hello, vegan kale pesto) but after I tried this one, I think I found the best one. Pesto with pasta is a classic combination.
Vegan.io looks great on mobile devices too! Viewing this page on an iPad? Rotate the screen to switch to kitchen mode. You can cook Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables using 18 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables
- Prepare 1 1/2 C of Fusilli Pasta.
- It’s 6-8 of Cherry Tomatoes (This is a topping).
- Prepare 1 of Avacado.
- It’s of Mushrooms (As much as you want).
- You need of Asparagus (As much as you want).
- Prepare of Broccoli (As much as you want).
- You need 2 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- Prepare Dash of Pink Himalayan Sea Salt.
- It’s Dash of Black Pepper.
- It’s of Vegan Pesto.
- It’s 75 g of Cashews (about 3/4 cup).
- It’s 60 g of Basil Leaves and Stems (about 2 1/2 cups packed).
- It’s 5-7 Tbsp of Hot Water.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil.
- You need 1 Tbsp of Lemon Juice.
- It’s 3 of Garlic Cloves.
- Prepare 25 g of Nutritional Yeast (about 1/4 cup).
- You need to taste of Salt.
Focaccia with Lettuce Pesto and Roasted Vegetables. I don't know what it is about Italian cuisine but it seems like with their food, they're able to cast a spell on anyone that tries it! Cheesy and flavorful, plus an option for lower fat. If you're trying to avoid oil, feel free to sub the EVOO for vegetable broth or water!
Vegan Pesto and Roasted Vegetables step by step
- Preheat oven to 450 (yes, that high for a quick roast) Place all vegetables in a large bowl and coat with olive oil. Add salt and pepper and mix it all up..
- Bring some water to a boil and add in Cashews. Boil for about 15mins. This will soften the cashews so they can blend well..
- Place vegetables on a large baking tray or two. It doesn't need to be spread apart..
- Once oven is preheated. Place tray of vegetables in the oven and cook for 20mins..
- In a food processor add in softened cashews and some of the hot water slowly as you pulse into a creamy texture..
- Add in the rest of the Pesto ingredients and pulse into a gritty texture. Add water to your desired consistency, more for a more saucy pesto. Salt to taste(optional).
- Bring water to a boil and begin cooking pasta when the oven time left for the vegetables is about 7-8 minutes. This way everything can be finished at the same time..
- Once Vegetables are done, your pasta should also be done. Drain pasta and rinse with strainer under cold water..
- Add pesto sauce to cooked pasta and mix. Place vegetables on a plate with pasta. Top with chopped tomatoes and avacado..
I hope you all love this pesto! Vegetables With Basil Pesto Sauce Recipe: Easy Side Dish! But instead of just a basic pesto pasta I added in a few fresh vegetables, roasted them so they got nice and sweet, and tossed them in the pasta along with the pesto! The best thing about this recipe is the veggies could easily be substituted to whatever suits your. If you thought eating whole foods plant based (WFPB) meant no more pesto, think again.