Chocolate black bean balls – vegan. In the bowl of a food processor, add dates, black beans, protein powder, almond butter, applesauce, cocoa powder, vanilla, salt and non-dairy milk. Pulse to combine until all ingredients are mixed together and smooth; stop to scrap the sides if needed. It should be like a soft dough texture.
Additionally, with the black beantruffles, replacing sugar with maple syrup means the overall sugar content is cut back by a third (Authority Nutrition). These really simple black bean truffles had to hit the spot, especially since I've been over indulging in treats lately. Place all ingredient (except the extra cocoa powder) in a small food processor and blend it until completely smooth and creamy. You can have Chocolate black bean balls – vegan using 18 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chocolate black bean balls – vegan
- You need of Basic recipe.
- It’s 1 (400 g) of can black beans, drained and rinsed a few times.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of almond butter.
- It’s 4-5 tbsp of raw cacao powder (depending on how chocolatey you want it!).
- Prepare 2 tbsp of maple syrup.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of vanilla extract.
- Prepare 1-2 tbsp of plant milk (depends on the consistency of the almond butter).
- It’s 1-2 tsp of coconut sugar/ jaggery/ Sugavida.
- Prepare of Possible toppings.
- Prepare of Cacao powder.
- It’s of Toasted sesame seeds.
- You need of Desiccated coconut.
- It’s of Melted raw or 85% chocolate.
- Prepare of Possible flavour combinations.
- Prepare of Sour cherries chopped finely and an extra dash of vanilla extract.
- You need of Orange zest and ground ginger.
- It’s of Ground cloves or allspice.
Great recipe for Chocolate black bean balls – vegan. These are easy to make + a healthy chocolatey hit! I've put some possible toppings and flavours below to add to the basic recipe. it's fun to experiment with different flavour combinations! Blend the oats in a blender or with an immersion blender into a fine flour.
Chocolate black bean balls – vegan step by step
- Put all the ingredients from the ‘basic recipe’ in a blender. Blend til smooth. Depending on your blender, this can take a while. Keep scraping down the sides and keep going!.
- Put the mix in a bowl. If you’re using different flavour combinations, separate out into more bowls and add your fruit/ spices/ etc. Stir in well..
- Get your toppings ready… your hands will get a bit dirty for this part!.
- Take a teaspoon of the mix. Roll into a ball. Roll in your topping of choice. Place on a plate/ lined tray (something you can put in the fridge). If the mixture starts to get a bit warm, pop it in the fridge for 5-10 mins..
- When you’re done, put them in the fridge for 10 mins before enjoying 😋 And keep them in the fridge in an airtight container. They keep for about a week..
The recipe was inspired by my black bean brownies and this Deep Dish Chocolate Brownie Pie, two other bean-based desserts that are huge crowd-pleasers even with people who have no interest whatsoever in vegan or healthy eating. So don't be afraid to try these out at your next party; you might be surprised at the reception they receive! Make Power Truffles: Prepare as directed. Optional Chocolate Topping: If desired, place the chocolate chips in a sandwich size plastic bag (do not seal). In a food processor, combine the black beans, cacao powder, sunflower butter, maple syrup, and sea salt.