Brinjal/ Aubergine vegan recipe. Brinjal Bhaji, otherwise known as Aubergine Bhaji, is a staple in Indian restaurants all over the UK. And now this vegan recipe takes any Indian 'fakeaway' Aubergine bhaji is actually also 'accidentally vegan'. You'll probably find that your local restaurant's version of this is completely plant-based too.
The aubergine is not a messy vegetable as You might know aubergine as an eggplant or brinjal (as known in South Asia and South Africa). Surprisingly, the origin of aubergine cultivation. Great at soaking up flavours, aubergine (also known as eggplant) works well in stews, salads and curries. You can cook Brinjal/ Aubergine vegan recipe using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Brinjal/ Aubergine vegan recipe
- It’s 1 tbsp of corn flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of plain flour.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of gram flour.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder.
- Prepare 1/2 of coriander powder.
- It’s 1/2 of chilli powder.
- It’s 1/2 of cumin powder.
- You need 1/3 tsp of Black pepper powder.
- It’s 1 tbsp of ginger garlic paste.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of middle aubergine/ brinjal.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare of Oil for fry.
- It’s of Salt as a taste.
Try them baked, grilled or barbecued as a veggie main or in side dishes. Combine chickpeas and aubergine with garlic and cumin for these tasty, healthy vegan canapés. Our easy brinjal pickle recipe works well with any Indian dish as well as cold lamb, grilled chicken or smoked ham. It's sweet and sticky and just gorgeous.
Brinjal/ Aubergine vegan recipe instructions
- In a bowl take all ingredients mix well and make a paste..
- Now cut the brinjal into slices not too thin and not too thick..
- Put slices in the paste and magnet it, keep aside for 10 min..
- Heat a pan spray oil and put slices cover it and cook a min after that turn the slices and cook 1 or 2 min more..
- Now our brinjal fry is ready for eat..
Once you've made it once you'll be addicted to its rich flavour. Thankfully this aubergine recipe makes enough for a few jars so you'll have a backup. She used to fry the eggplant in egg and flour, but I only use flour and fry them on baking sheets in a hot oven..collection of aubergine recipes and eggplant recipes which range from a simple spicy aubergine salad to aubergine Brinjal bhaji – aubergine curry. by Atul Kochhar. Winter vegan moussaka. by The Kitchen with Great British Chefs. Brinjal recipes – collection of easy and delicious eggplant or baingan recipes.