Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls. We partnered with WHOLLY® GUACAMOLE (sponsored post) to bring you our Crispy Vegan Southwest Egg Rolls. They're made with our homemade egg roll wrappers and filled with healthy vegetables, a blend of Mexican spices, and creamy and delicious Wholly Guacamole. Serve them as an appetizer, a side dish, or for dinner.
Place egg roll wrappers on prep station and apply water to the edges (this will help them stick when rolling and prevent from opening up in fryer). Fry immediately OR place on hotel pan on top of parchment paper; freeze overnight. Vegetarian Baked Southwest Egg Rolls are stuffed with black beans, corn, and cheese, then baked until crispy. You can cook Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls
- It’s 1 tbsp of canola oil.
- It’s 1/2 large of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 2 of green onions, diced ( white and green parts).
- It’s 1 of jalapeno, diced.
- It’s 1 can of corn, drained (11 oz).
- You need 1 can of black beans, drained and rinsed (15 oz).
- You need 1 cup of fresh spinach, choppef.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of fresh cilantro, chopped.
- It’s 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of cumin.
- Prepare 8 of whole wheat tortillas.
- It’s 1 of canola oil for frying.
You can even cook and freeze this recipe ahead of time so you always have a healthy meal on hand. They're easy to make vegan, and taste just like your favorite Chili's appetizer without the chicken! Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls Delicious southwest flavor! We preferred the grilled over the fried.
Vegan Southwestern Egg Rolls instructions
- Heat 1 Tbsp canola oil in skillet over medium high heat..
- Add diced red peppers, green onions and jalapeños. Cook 3 – 4 minutes..
- Add black beans, corn, spinach, cilantro and seasonings. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking..
- Remove from heat and get ready to assemble egg rolls..
- Warm tortillas in microwave. I do 2 at a time between damp paper towels..
- Spoon 1/8 of filling across center of tortilla. Fold in sides first then roll tightly. Dampen flap with water and press to seal. Roll remaining tortillas. Place seam side down on cookie sheet and place in freezer while oil heats. (This helps them seal).
- Heat enough oil in skillet to go at least half way up tortilla. Fry one side then flip and fry other side until golden brown..
- OPTION: Instead of frying in oil, I grilled on a griddle pan. Less time, mess and calories!.
- Serve with salsa, guacamole, or vegan ranch for dipping!.
Then place a few cilantro leaves on top of that. Then fold the sides on to it. Rub a little water on the end to seal the egg roll. Air Fryer Vegetarian Southwestern Egg Rolls with Avocado Ranch is a quick and easy healthy recipe that rivals Chili's Tex Mex Southwestern Egg Rolls Recipe. These crispy, crunchy rolls are loaded with black beans, corn, diced tomatoes, red onions, and cilantro.